Microsoft Surface 2 will be available for sale in Singapore starting tomorrow, 13th March 2014. You can get it from authorised retailers like Challenger, Harvey Norman, Newstead, etc.
Accessories for the Surface 2 includes Touch Cover 2, Type Cover 2, and Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition.
For every purchase of Surface 2, you will get free Skype calling to landlines and unlimited Skype Wi-Fi for one year. On top of that, you will also get 200 GB of free OneDrive storage for two years.
Surface 2 Pricing
- 32GB: SGD$618
- 64GB: SGD$748
- Type Cover 2: SGD$183
- Touch Cover 2: SGD$168
- Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition: SGD$99
Thanks to Fitbit, I will be giving out one Fitbit Flex worth SGD$129 to 1 lucky winner.
Do checkout my Fitbit Review at lesterchan.net/blog/2014/01/31/fitbit-flex-review/ if you are interested in it.
To participate, all you have to do is the following:
- Follow @gamerz
- Tweet about why do you want the Fitbit Flex?
- Ensure that your tweet mentions me (@gamerz) and contain the hashtag #fitbitsg.
- Be as creative and original as possible as entries will be judged based on these 2 criteria.
- I have a Fitbit Aria to measure my weight & now I need a Fitbit Flex to count the steps I took! #fitbitsg @gamerz
- I want one device to track both my steps and sleep on my wrist! #fitbitsg @gamerz
- Wanna try getting fitter bit by bit with the Fitbit Flex #fitbitsg @gamerz
- This Giveaway is open to all readers of lesterchan.net who are based in Singapore.
- I will be the judge for this contest, entries will be judged based on creativity and originality.
- Winners will be announced on Thursday, 27th March 2014 and contacted via Twitter and follow up by email.
- Text100 (PR company for Fitbit) will be sending the prize to the winner directly.
- Details of winners such as name and winning tweet may be posted on lesterchan.net.
- My decision on all matters related to this giveaway is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
- I reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at anytime without prior notice.
- This giveaway ends on 11:59pm (23:59), Wednesday, 26th March 2014 (GMT+8 Singapore Time).
SingTel has launched discounted data-bundle plans for seniors (aged 55 and above). The SuperLite and Lite data-bundled plans will be discounted by 20%.
My dad is on the Lite plan currently, but sadly his line is under my name and therefore does not quality for the Seniors Lite plan.
|Seniors SuperLite plan||Seniors Lite plan|
|Local outgoing calls||100 minutes||100 minutes|
|Free incoming calls||Yes||Yes|
|Free local SMS||500||800|
|Local data bundle (4G)||100MB||2GB|
|Discounted monthly subscription||SGD$22.32 (regular price SGD$27.90)||SGD$31.92 (regular price SGD$39.90)|
For more information, checkout www.singtel.com/silver or see the press release below.
A range of free handsets and clinics on smartphone technology
Singapore 11 March 2014 – SingTel today launched the first mobile data plans in Singapore to cater to the needs of customers aged 55 and above. These 4G-enabled plans offer a discount of 20 per cent off the regular monthly subscription of SingTel’s SuperLite and Lite plans, as well as a selection of handsets at no extra charge. Eligible customers who are existing subscribers of the SuperLite or Lite plan can enjoy the discounted rates when they renew their contract.
Mr Johan Buse, SingTel’s Vice President of Consumer Marketing, said: “We are excited to see more seniors engaging in online activities and social media, even while on-the-move. However, only half of our customers aged 55 and above have signed-up for mobile data plans. Of these, more than 70 per cent are subscribers of the SuperLite and Lite plans. We hope that our new plans will encourage more seniors to adopt the latest mobile technologies and discover the benefits of the digital world.”
Mr Buse said: “Based on their feedback, we have found that many seniors are worried about the costs of data plans and uncertain about how they will be charged for usage. To address these concerns, we will offer free clinics in collaboration with NTUC U Live to help them understand how our data plans work and how to check their usage.”
The clinics will also provide instructions on configuring their handsets, using important functions and transfering their contact list from their old phone. In addition, participants will receive an introduction to popular social media sites and cyber-safety.
As with all SingTel postpaid mobile data plans, customers will receive automatic SMS alerts whenever they have used up 80 percent of their data allowance, thus protecting them from bill shock.
“Whether it is sharing photos and videos of their grandchildren or playing games, customers will be able to do it all with total peace of mind. They will also get to experience the benefits of our super-fast 4G network,” Mr Buse said.
For more information, customers can visit www.singtel.com/silver.
Had a chance to catch Need for Speed Movie before it officially opens in Singapore next Thursday, 13th March 2014. In Singapore, the movie is being distributed by Buena Vista International (Singapore).
The film stars Aaron Paul (two-time Emmy winner for “Breaking Bad”), Dominic Cooper (“Captain America: The First Avenger”), Imogen Poots (“Fright Night”), Ramon Rodriguez (“Transformers”), Rami Malek (“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn”), Scott Mescudi, Dakota Johnson (“21 Jump Street”), Harrison Gilbertson and Michael Keaton (“Batman”).
The movie is about Tobey Marshall (Aaron Paul), who runs his family’s auto shop and races the underground street circuit with his buddies on weekends. Life is good, but his whole world is turned upside down when he is sent to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. In prison, he spends the next two years thinking about one thing: vengeance. While questioning the morals to which he has always adhered, he is nevertheless determined to bring down his enemies.