WordPress 3.4 Beta 1 has been released! The final version is expected to ship sometime next month (May 2012).
- Theme Customizer with Previewer
- Flexible Custom Header Sizes
- Selecting Custom Header and Background Images from Media Library
- Better experience searching for and choosing a theme
- New XML-RPC API for external and mobile applications
- New API for registering theme support for custom headers and backgrounds
- Performance improvements to WP_Query by splitting the query (Please test!)
- Internationalization improvements (improved performance and locale support)
- Performance and API improvements when working with lists of installed themes
- Support for installing child themes from the WordPress Themes Directory
Download: WordPress 3.4 Beta 1
WordPress 3.3 Beta 4 has been released!
With all our major tickets closed, we are very close to a release candidate. In Beta 4 we’ve fixed a bunch of bugs, cleaned up the UI, added real text in some of the screens that still had placeholder text in Beta 3 (post-update screen, the Dashboard welcome area, new feature pointers), and generally tightened things up. We updated to jQuery 1.7.1 and addressed a LOT of bugs.
View: Full Changelog From Beta 3
Download: WordPress 3.3 Beta 4
WordPress 3.3 Beta 3 has been released!
No new features has been added instead beta 3 has over 200 bug fixes since beta 2.
View: Full Changelog From Beta 2
Download: WordPress 3.3 Beta 3
WordPress 3.3 Beta 2 has been released!
- Updated the Blue theme
- Fixed IE7 and RTL support
- Improved flyout menu styling and fixed several glitches
- Finished the Pointers implementation
- Landed the Welcome screen
- Improved contextual help styling
- Tweaked the admin bar a little more
- Fixed a bunch of bugs
View: Full Changelog From Beta 1
Download: WordPress 3.3 Beta 2
WordPress 3.3 Beta 1 has been released!
WordPress 3.3 is ready for beta testers.
As always, this is software still in development and we don’t recommend that you run it on a production site — set up a test site just to play with the new version. If you break it (find a bug), please report it, and if you’re a developer, try to help us fix it.
If all goes well, we hope to release WordPress 3.3 by the end of November. The more help we get with testing and fixing bugs, the sooner we will be able to release the final version. If you want to be a beta tester, you should check out the Codex article on how to report bugs.
Here’s some of what’s new:
- Media uploader
- Improved admin bar
- Fly out admin menus
Remember, if you find something you think is a bug, report it! You can bring it up in the alpha/beta forum, you can email it to the wp-testers list, or if you’ve confirmed that other people are experiencing the same bug, you can report it on the WordPress Core Trac. (We recommend starting in the forum or on the mailing list.)
Theme and plugin authors, if you haven’t been following the 3.3 development cycle, please start now so that you can update your themes and plugins to be compatible with the newest version of WordPress.
Download: WordPress 3.3 Beta 1