Sony Xperia Z Ultra will be available in Singapore from Thursday, 5th September 2013 at a recommended retail price of S$1,038 without contract. 3 colors will be available, Black, White and Purple.
Pre-order starts today. You can pre-order from Sony stores, Sony centres, Xperia concept stores, authorised retail outlets as well as all telco operators (SingTel , M1  or StarHub ). If you pre-ordered, you will be able to collect your phone 4 days earlier, from Sunday, 1st September 2013 onwards.
You will also receive the following complimentary exclusives worth S$288:
- NFC-enabled Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52
- Stylish leather case cover
- Xperia Z Ultra Official Guidebook
I had a chance to play with the Sony Xperia Z Ultra last Thursday at a blogger event. I would say it is the best Phablet  out there in the market now. It has one of the biggest screen with 6.44″ Full HD screen, fastest processor, the Snapdragon 800 processor and is the thinnest measuring at 6.5mm. It is also waterproof and dust resistant (IP55/IP58).
The only downside to the Xperia Z Ultra is the camera suck very badly especially under low light.
I am interested to see how the rumoured HTC One Max will compare to this. And also, Samsung Galaxy Note 3 launch is also around the corner.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra Press Render
Holding The Sony Xperia Z Ultra
- OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor with 2.2 GHz quad-core CPUs
- RAM: 2GB
- Display: 6.44″, 1920×1080, 16,777,216 color TFT, TRILUMINOS display for mobile, touch panel cover glass with Super Hard Coat ASF
- Internal Storage: 16 GB (up to 11 GB user-accessible memory)
- External Storage: microSD card, up to 64 GB (SDXC supported)
- Camera: 8 megapixel camera, 16x digital zoom, Auto focus
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- NFC: Yes
- Water-resistant: IPX5/8
- Dust-proof: IP5X
- Stylus: Input with any pencil and selected stylus or pen (capacitive stylus or metal pen with tip diameter over 1mm)
- Size: 179.4 x 92.2 x 6.5 mm
- Weight: 212 grams