Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac  is now available.
It supports the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and is ready for the upcoming macOS Sierra update.
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac performance improvements include:
- Up to 90% faster Snapshot creation
- Up to 60% faster suspend of VMs
- Up to 25% faster Shared Folders performance
- Compile Visual Studio projects on shared folders up to 25% faster
- Up to 10% battery life improvement
- Enjoy improved VM responsiveness when your Mac is low on free memory
Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac Product Features:
- Parallels Toolbox for Mac: 20 tools that simplify everyday tasks on your Mac.
- Simplified backup: One year of Acronis True Image 500 GB cloud backup storage, which can backup new incremental changes to a VM, instead of having to resave an entire VM and changes every time changes are made.
- Support for Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch PC game.
- Support for Windows 10 Xbox app, for streaming and playing all Xbox games on a Mac
- Schedule Windows updates for an appropriate time at night to avoid time-consuming disruptions during your day.
- Control storage space used by VMs directly from the Optimized Storage in macOS Sierra.
- Store Microsoft EdgeTM and Internet Explorer passwords in Mac Keychain.
- Assign special behaviors to Windows apps, such as Always Open Full Screen or Always Hide Other Apps, so they play even better on your Mac.
- Easily cancel time-consuming VM actions.
- Open documents from SharePoint and Office 365 in Microsoft Office for Windows desktop applications directly from your favorite Mac browser.
- Keep Windows ready in the background, instead of suspending the VM, to instantly open
Windows applications and documents.
- Outlook for Windows now features your recently accessed documents, both Mac and Windows, so they are conveniently available to select when you add attachments to your emails.
- Improved Retina support for resizing Windows VMs.
- Archive VMs to save space in the Pro Edition.
- Set resource usage limits for VMs in the Pro Edition.
- Network Conditioner in the Pro Edition now features preconfigured network profiles (Edge, 100% loss, 3G, DSL, Very Bad Network and Wi-Fi) to make testing a breeze, as well as customizable settings.
|Prices||Parallels Desktop 12
|Parallels Desktop 12
for Mac Pro Edition
|Parallels Desktop 12
for Mac Business Edition
|Upgrade||S$68||S$68/year (for life)||N/A|
Parallels Toolbox for Mac
Parallels Toolbox for Mac  is a new product from Parallels.
Parallels Toolbox for Mac is available for all versions of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac and for free. It is also available as a stand-alone subscription product for US$9.99 (S$14) per year. Parallels promise new tools and updates planned for release every few months.
Right now the tools in Parallels Toolbox for Mac includes:
- Distraction-free presentation modes for both Mac and Windows VMs, including: Hide Desktop Files, Do Not Disturb, Keep Mac Awake
- Archive, encrypt and password protect all of your files
- Simply capture screen shots or record video of a screen, window or area
- Download videos from YouTube, Facebook and other websites with a single click
- Time management tools—an alarm, timer, date countdown and stopwatch
- Unpack files from ZIP, RAR and many other formats