OctoFire 96W/19.2A 8-Port USB 3.0 Hub/Charger was launched on Kickstarter early this year on 27th January 2015. After raising a total of US$115,414 out of their initial goal of US$20,000 from a total of 1,270 backers, it was funded on 26th February 2015.
I was one of their “Super Early Bird” backer and hence I paid US$59 (S$85) for it with an additional US$15 (S$21) for shipping to Singapore. In total, I paid US$74 (S$106) for it.
Shipping was supposed to happen in April 2015 but like any other Kickstarter projects, it was delayed. It started shipping in September 2015 after a 5 months delay and I received it on the 24th September 2015.
OctoFire 96W/19.2A 8-Port USB 3.0 Hub is a powerful charger that delivers up to 2.4A per port for each of it’s 8 port. This makes it possible to charge 8 iPads at one go.
It also has the ability to act as an USB 3.0 hub without the need to connect it to an AC power source.
- Comes with USB 3.0 for fast data transfer of up to 5Gbps
- Fastest charging of 2.4A per USB port
- Smart detection of connection devices
- Optimal current for safe charging
- 8 USB ports for all USB based devices
- Fan-less design which reduces noise
- Highly compact and lightweight design (133mm x 133mm x 33mm) (386g)
- Built-in protection from over-charge, over-current and over-voltage
- Compatible with Windows and Mac without the need for extra drivers
Now that the Kickstarter project is long over and if you are still intestered in getting the OctoFire 96W/19.2A 8-Port USB 3.0 Hub/Charger, you can get it direcly from skivatech.com for US$79.99 (S$115). Shipping to Singapore is an additional US$28 (S$40) via USPS First-Class Package International Service.