Microsoft Windows 8 Logo
Windows 8 has reached the released to manufacturing (RTM) status and it will be available to the general public on Friday, 26th October 2012. The final build number of Windows 8 is 9200.
If you are going to buy a Windows 7 PC from today (2nd August 2012), you are eligibility to purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for S$17.99 (including GST) on the day of Windows 8 launch.
For the rest of us, no word on the Singapore pricing of the full or upgrade version of Windows 8 yet.
Microsoft mentioned that selected audiences, including developers, IT professionals and partners will have early access to final RTM code beginning later this month.
- August 15th: Developers building new apps for Windows 8 will be able to download the final version of Windows 8 via an MSDN subscriptions, and can visit the Windows Dev Center to get access to the final build of Visual Studio 2012.
- August 15th: IT professionals testing Windows 8 in organizations will be able to access the final version of Windows 8 through aTechNet subscription.
- August 16th: Customers with existing Microsoft Software Assurance for Windows will be able to download Windows 8 Enterprise edition through the Volume License Service Center (VLSC), allowing you to test, pilot and begin adopting Windows 8 Enterprise within your organization.
- August 16th: Microsoft Partner Network members will have access to Windows 8.
- August 20th: Microsoft Action Pack Providers (MAPS) receive access to Windows 8.
- September 1st: Volume License customers without Software Assurance will be able to purchase Windows 8 through Microsoft Volume License Resellers.
Looking back, Windows 7 RTM on the 29th July 2009.