Despite it being a successor, the megapixel count and optical zoom range remains the same: 20.1MP and 2.9x respectively.
The Sony Cyber-shot RX100 IV features the world’s first 1.0 type stacked Exmor RS CMOS sensor with advanced signal processing and an attached DRAM memory chip. The high speed signal processing and DRAM memory chip work together to enable more than five times the readout rate of image data and are responsible for a variety of standout features that have previously only been available in selected professional-level video cameras. These impressive capabilities include 40x super slow motion video capture at up to 960fps, an ultra-fast Anti-Distortion Shutter with a maximum speed of 1/32000 second, high-resolution 4K movie shooting and more.
Some key new features on the Sony Cyber-shot RX100 IV:
- Capture slow-mo videos: 960/1000fps, 480/500fps and 240/250fps
- High-Speed Shooting: Continuous speeds of up to 16fps
- High-Speed Shutter: Maximum speed of 1/32000 second
- 4K Movie Recording: QFHD 3840×2160 movie recording up to 5 minutes in length
- High-Speed AF: Uses ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-70mm (35mm equivalent) F1.8-F2.8 lens
- Upgraded Tru-Finder: High-contrast XGA OLED Tru-Finder with approximately 2.35 million dots of resolution
- Upgraded Fast Intelligent AF system: Enables high-speed, high-precision contrast detection of a moving subject in as little as 0.09 seconds