People’s Association brings 2010 FIFA World Cup screenings to the heartlands with support from singapore pools, SingTel and Starhub.
- The five Community Development Councils (CDCs) and People’s Association (PA) Community Clubs (CCs) have forged a partnership with Singapore Pools, SingTel and StarHub to screen the 2010 FIFA World Cup matches live” at 16 locations islandwide, from 11 June to 12 July 2010.
- The screening of 2010 FIFA World Cup matches live” at 16 locations organised by the CCs allows people who share the love of football, regardless of race or social background, to come together to interact and make friends.
- Said Mayor Zainudin Nordin of Central Singapore CDC, who is also President of the Football Association of Singapore, “My fellow Mayors and I would like as many Singaporeans as possible, to have the chance to watch the 2010 FIFA World CupTM. Football is such a great community bonding activity and nothing quite beats the excitement of watching these matches with friends and other football fans. We are glad to make this happen with the support of Singapore Pools, SingTel and StarHub.”
- Singapore Pools Chief Executive Officer, Mr Tan Soo Nan, said, “We are happy that the deal has finally been struck between FIFA, SingTel and StarHub. As a long-time Partner-in-Sports to the community, Singapore Pools is glad to have played a part in forging the partnership between SingTel, StarHub, PA and the CDCs, to bring the world-class matches “live” to the heartland.”
- “It is a privilege for mio TV to be given the opportunity to screen the World Cup matches at community clubs around the island, and we hope the residents have a great time cheering for their favourite teams with their friends, family and neighbours,” said Mr Edward Ying, Chief, Content & Media Services Group, SingTel. “We know how passionate Singaporeans are about football and are very pleased to be bringing the 2010 World Cup to the fans.”
- “We look forward to sharing all the excitement of the tournament with all football fans in Singapore, and are pleased to work with the CDCs to extend the reach of the World Cup matches to a wider heartland audience through these public screenings,” said Mr Tan Tong Hai, Chief Operating Officer, StarHub.
- Screenings at the 16 locations will kick off with the Opening Match on 11 June 2010. The CCs will offer the venue free of charge, and take care of in-house facilities, logistics and manpower resources. Detailed information of the screenings at the CCs will be released later.
Community Clubs Location
- Braddell Heights CC
50 Serangoon Ave 2 #01-01 S(556129)
- Cheng San CC
6 Ang Mo Kio Street 53, S(569205)
- Chong Pang CC
21 Yishun Ring Rd, S’pore 768677
- Chua Chu Kang CC
35 Teck Whye Avenue S(688892)
- Clementi CC
220 Clementi Ave 4 S(129880)
- Fengshan CC
20 Bedok North Street 2 S(469644)
- Gek Poh Ville CC
1 Jurong West St 74 S(649149)
- Jurong Spring CC
8 Jurong West Street 52 S(649296)
- Mountbatten CC
35 Jalan Satu S(399479)
- Sengkang CC
2 Sengkang Square, S(545052)
- Tampines Central CC
Blk 866A Tampines St 83 #02-01, S(521866)
- Telok Ayer Hong Lim Green CC
20 Upper Pickering Street S(058284)
- Toa Payoh East CC
160 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh, S(319380)
- Vacant Land near Temporary Mkt (Organised by Eunos CC)
Eunos Temporary Mkt (Bedok Reservoir Rd, next to Blk 632)
- Woodlands CC
1 Woodlands St 81, S(738526)
- Zhenghua CC
1 Segar Rd, S(677738)