Firefox 6.0 is officially released despite the final build got leaked out 2 days ago. Firefox 6.0 is released 2 months after Firefox 5.0 and 5 months after Firefox 4.0. Soon, people will just lose track of version number and it will no longer be meaningful! I have lost track of what is the current version of Google Chrome!
What’s New In Firefox 6.0?
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved usability of the Web Console
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Firefox is not done yet for 2011, Firefox 7 is scheduled to be released on 27th September 2011 and Firefox 8 is scheduled to be released on 8th November 2011.
Direct Download Links To Firefox 6.0
- Official Blog Post: New Tools in Mozilla Firefox Help Developers Drive the Web Forward
- Release Notes: Firefox 6.0