Bought the Vantec NexStar SATA/IDE to USB 3.0 Adapter from Challenger for S$59.90 (Member’s Price: S$53.91).
As the name suggest, it coverts your internal SATA/PATA HDD to USB 3.0, allow you plug and play the hardisk via USB port.
- Compact And Light Design For Easy Storage
- Supports IDE (PATA) & SATA Hard Drives/SSDs/Optical Drives
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 5 Gbps w/USB 3.0
- Maximum Transfer Rates Up to 480 Mbps w/USB 2.0
- Backwards-Compatible with USB 2.0 or 1.1
- Hi-Quality Shielded USB 3.0 Cable Ensures Data Integrity and Speed
- Hot-Swappable: Plug & Play Without Rebooting
- Supports 2.5″ & 3.5″ & 5.25″
- Attractive LED Indicates Power & HDD Activity
- Model: CB-ISATAU3
- Supported Devices: SATA,IDE(PATA), Optical Drives
- Device Size: 2.5″ & 3.5″ & 5.25″ & SSDs
- External Interface: USB 3.0 (Backwards Compatible With USB 2.0 & 1.1)
- HD Capacity: Up to 3.0 TB
- Power Supply: AC Adapter
- Material: Plastic
- Dimensions: 82 x 62 x 10mm
There is a problem with Li Xiang’s harddisk. I am guessing it is some bad sector because whenever I tried to access the same file, it always cause a problem with File Explorer and I have to hard reset the whole computer. Whenever that harddisk is connected to the computer, the boot time and shutdown time increases by 15 minutes. This is evident on both her computer and my house desktop computer.
So with this handy little adapter, all I have to do is just to “Safely Remove Hardware” and it that doesn’t work, I just have to plug out the USB cable and re-plugged in again. This saves me a lot of time and not forgetting I can plug in the hardisk after the computer is booted (saving the extra 15 minutes of restarting time).