On 15th October 2014, Toshiba launched the new L9450 Series & L5450 Series for it’s television range that are powered by Android 4.4.2 (not Android TV). Note that the Android will not be upgradable and hence you will be stuck with it till the end-of-life of your television.
- Ultra HD 4K Technology – Offers a new intensity in image quality with four times as many pixels as Full HD
- CEVOTM 4K Engine – Incorporates a suite of advanced image enhancement functions, such as 4K Resolution+, driven by a powerful hexa-core processor
- Android 4.4 – Provides an abundance of apps together with Internet browsing, screen mirroring and other exciting smart TV functions
- High Brightness Panel with local dimming. Wide Color Gamut
- Wide Color Gamut Panel: L9450 provides 14% richer color than 2013 model
- High-brightness Panel: L9450 is 75% brighter than 2013 model
- Direct LED with local dimming: By controlling individual local dimming areas, the overall image contrast is dramatically improved especially in scenes with both light and shade such as sunsets.
The L5450 series is a lower end series that comes with a HD-Ready (1366 x 768) and Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution. The sizes available are 32″ (S$449), 40″ (S$899), 47″ (S$1,099) and 55″ (S$1,899).
- Android 4.4 – Provides an abundance of apps, including Open Browser, YouTube and YouTube Send-to-TV
- CEVOTM Engine Premium – Advanced dual-core engine to dramatically boost image quality for all content
- Intelligent Scene Optimizer – Intelligently optimizes image and sound in real time1, producing an immersive entertainment experience specific to each movie genre
- Digital broadcast-ready – Compatibility with the latest DVB-T2 standard to receive HD TV programs in surround sound