I am very impressed with the built of the Dell Venue 8 7000 Series Android Tablet. It is the most well-built Android tablet that I came across so far.
The body of the Dell Venue 8 is made up of machined aluminium to give it a premium design and it is only 6mm thin and weighing only 305g.
It has a 8.4″ 2560×1600 OLED screen with infinity bezel edge-to-edge display.
The Dell Venue 8 powered by Intel Atom Quad-Core 2.3 GHz Processor (Z3580) with Intel HD Graphics (Imagination PowerVR G6430) and comes with 2GB of LPDDR3 RAM.
For storage, it comes with 16GB EMMC hard drive and it is expandable via MicroSD card and it supports up to 512GB MicroSD card.
It comes with Android 4.4 (Kit Kat) out of the box and it is upgradable to Android 5.0.1 (Lollipop).
The Dell Venue 8 is currently retailing for S$659 with the Dell Venue Folio or S$699 with the Dell Venue Keyboard Folio.
Note that the Dell Venue 8 is available in wi-fi model only. No plans yet on whether the LTE model will be brought to Singapore.
- Processor: Intel Atom processor Z3580 (up to 2.3GHz Quad Core)
- Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4 Wifi
- Memory: 2GB LPDDR3
- Video Card: HD Graphics (Imagination PowerVR G6430)
- Display: 8.4 inch OLED WQXGA touch with Infinity bezel edge-to-edge display
- Audio and Speakers: Front firing stereo speakers with MaxxAudio Waves tuning
- Hard Drive: 16GB eMMC, MicroSD card slot supporting up to 512GB
- Battery: 5,900mAh (21WHr)
- Battery Life: Up to 9.8 hours continuous and active web browsing over Wi-Fi
- A/C Adapter: 10 Watt AC Adapter
- Camera: 2MP Front Camera, 8MP Depth Rear Camera
- Wireless: 802.11ac 1x1WIFI, Intel XMM 7260 LTE modem
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.0
- Ports: 1x Micro-B USB 2.0 and 1x Headphone and microphone combo jack
- Dimensions: 6mm x 124.4mm x 215.8mm
- Weight: 305g
If I am not that particular about stock OS for Android tablets, this will probably be the Android tablet that I am going to get because I love the built of it. But for now, I still like the Nexus tablets because of the stock Android OS.