Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac was launched yesterday.
It brings support for MacBook Pro Touch Bar, macOS High Sierra, and upcoming Windows 10 features, such as the People Bar.
Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac performance improvements include:
- Up to 100% performance improvement for External Thunderbolt SSD drives (near native performance)
- Up to 50% faster Snapshot creation for VMs with a large amount of memory
- Up to 47% faster working in Windows files in Windows on rotational discs
- Up to 47% faster working with Windows files on a Mac
- Up to 40% faster USB device performance in most scenarios
- OpenGL 3 support added for DIALux evo professional lighting design software and the popular strategy game Northgard
Similar to Parallels Desktop 11 and Parallels Desktop 12, there are three editions of Parallels Desktop 13: Parallels Desktop 13, Parallels Desktop 13 Pro Edition and Parallels Desktop 13 Business Edition.
Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Product Features:
- Touch Bar support for Windows app; People Bar on Mac
- Full support for Windows 10 and macOS High Sierra
- Enhanced Retina display support for Windows apps
- New Picture-in-Picture view mode
- Faster file access and faster Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.0
- Support for iMac Pro and Single Application mode (Pro & Business Edition)
- Improved OpenGL with more games supported
- New tools in Parallels Toolbox for Mac and Windows
- Clean Drive: easily free up disk space
- Presentation Mode: Prevent embarrassing notifications, desktop reveals of personal files, and screen saver lockout delays during the presentation: in just one click. (Mac only)
- Download Video: In just one click, download video from YouTube, Facebook and other websites so you can enjoy watching it anytime
- Find Duplicates: Search any drive or folder to quickly find identical files (even with different names), and free up disc space
- Record Screen: Capture video of your entire screen, a window or select area – which can include audio from your computer microphone – in one click.
Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Pro Edition Product Features:
- Assign up to 32 cores (vCPU) and 128 GB of vRAM per VM, so upcoming iMac Pro users can create super powerful VMs.
- View Set Resolution menu to immediately switch resolutions for podcast, video tutorial or web browser testing – including common 4:3, 16:9 and 16:10 ratios with resolutions from 1024 x 768 to 3360 x 2300.
- Quick Virtual Machine IP Address Lookup to check and copy IP address from GUI to the clipboard in one click.
- Free pre-configured VMs in the Installation Assistant, which can be installed in one click, now include: Windows 10 Development Environment, Linux (Mint, CentOS, Debian GNU, Ubuntu and Fedora), Android and macOS.
- Analyse and optimise apps’ performance in Parallels Desktop with improved Intel VTune Amplifier, Linux “perf” and Mozilla “rr” support
- Modern IE Test Environments in the Installation Assistant now feature pre-configured 90-day trial VMs from Microsoft which include: Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 (stable), Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 (preview), IE 11 on Windows 8.1, IE 11 on Windows 7, IE 10 on Windows 7, IE 9 on Windows 7, and IE 8 on Windows 7.
Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Business Edition Product Features:
- Single Application Mode deployment to help end users focus on their end goal instead of being distracted by unfamiliar Windows and virtualization elements
- Ability to add selected Windows applications to user’s Dock upon deployment
- [Coming Soon] Ability to invite users via email for improved productivity and end user management
- [Coming Soon] Assign separate administrators for sublicenses for improved efficiency in management
- [Coming Soon] New design of Parallels My Account portal to manage subscriptions and licenses
|Prices||Parallels Desktop 13
|Parallels Desktop 13
for Mac Pro Edition
|Parallels Desktop 13
for Mac Business Edition
|New||US$79.99 (S$109)||US$99/year (S$137/year)|
|Upgrade||US$49.99 (S$69)||US$49.99/year (S$69/year)||N/A|