Apple announced the new iPhone 3G S, S stands for speed. Basically, everything is the same as the iPhone 3G including the looks.
Here are the changes as compared to the iPhone 3G:
- Improved performance
- Improved battery (though not much difference)
- 7.2Mbps HSDPA (iPhone 3G was 3.6Mbps)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (iPhone 3G was 2.0)
- 3-megapixel autofocus camera with macro mode and auto white balance
- Video recording at 30fps VGA with on-device editing capability
- Voice control that allows you to dial and control your music
- Digital compass
- Headphones include an inline remote for music control
- 3D graphics support in hardware
- Nike + support built-in
- Supports accessibility features, like zooming on text, inverting video, and voice over when you touch whatever text is on screen.
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating screen
It will be available in Singapore by Singtel in July 2009. Just to let you know Singtel supports Internet Tethering as well as MMS for the iPhone OS 3. Seriously I think lots of Americans is hating AT&T right now because both Internet Tethering and MMS is not yet supported by AT&T.
iPhone OS 3 will be released on Wednesday, 17th June 2009 worldwide. With iPhone OS 3, I see no point in jailbreaking maybe besides the ability to change theme and SSH.
Keeping my fingers cross to see if Singtel allows last year iPhone 3G users to upgrade to iPhone 3G S.