Citibank’s Mobile Banking Platform went live on the 14th August 2009. Unlike OCBC or Maybank where they chose to have a native iPhone app for their mobile banking, Citibank chooses a web based approach. Instead, you can add the bookmark icon on your home screen for quicker access similar to the native iPhone application.
The platform consists of two services, namely Citi Mobile and Citi Alerts.
Citi Mobile is a customized version of Citibank Online, Citibank’s Internet Banking Platform. The functions available on Citi Mobile are the most popular functions on Citibank Online, such as bill payment, funds transfer and account summary.
Citi Mobile is available to all Citibank’s customers who have Internet access on their mobile phone. You can carry out transactional activities including funds transfers and bill payments using the same Citibank Online login access with your card number and PIN. It is browser-based, and no registration or software download is required.
Here are some benefits of using Citi Mobile:
- Simple and convenient login – No enrolment, registration, or software download is required to access mobile banking on your browser, providing you with the flexibility of accessing your account details and managing your banking transactions and activities anytime, anywhere.
- Secure process with end-to-end encryption – To ensure the highest level of security, the two-factor authentication is used.
- Flash SMS – Transactions are protected via the One-Time PIN (OTP). Citibank sends the OTP via Flash SMS to provide superior usability. Flash SMS works similar to the normal SMS but it is not delivered to your SMS inbox. It is used to provide the best user experience, as the SMS will be sent as a layer on top of your browser, saving you the hassle of closing your browser to retrieve your OTP from your SMS inbox.
- Citibank Gourmet Pleasures – Citibank Gourmet Pleasures is a dining privileges programme that offers Singapore’s widest selection of dining deals with Citibank credit cards. With Citi Mobile, you can search via cuisine type or location on the go to identify the best dining deals offered with Citibank credit cards, as well as the latest promotions and offers.
- Optimized mobile banking offering – Citi Mobile is optimized for standard mobile devices, as well as the iPhone, to enhance the end user experience.
Here are some of the services provided by Citi Mobile:
- Card and bank accounts balance enquiry
- Card and bank accounts transactions enquiry
- Credit card payment due date and credit limit enquiry
- FX rates information
- Funds transfer & bill payment
- Information on the best Gourmet Pleasures dining and other deals from Citibank Gourmet Pleasures
- ATM and branch locator via FindMyCiti
For more information on Citi Mobile, check out www.citibank.com.sg/citimobile.
Citi Alerts is an SMS service that notifies you automatically when a banking activity such as a salary credit or a credit card charge occurs. It also allows you to access your banking and card information on-demand via two-way SMS.
There are two ways you can be alerted using Citi Alerts.
Alerts on Demand allows you to request a variety of information via an SMS to a pre-set number, including your account balance, outstanding credit card bill, and last four credit card transactions.
Here are some examples of Alerts on Demand:
- Card and bank accounts balance enquiry
- Card and bank accounts transactions enquiry (for last four transactions)
- Available credit line and outstanding credit card bill
Alerts offer you SMS notifications when you receive a GIRO credit of a specified amount, or when a charge above a pre-set amount is swiped on your credit card. You can customize which alert you wish to receive.
Here are some examples of Alerts:
- Receive an alert whenever a GIRO credit is made to the account
- Receive an alert whenever a transaction occurs on the credit or debit card
- Receive an alert when an online payment or transfer is made
- Receive an alert when a cheque has bounced, or when it has been cleared
- Receive an alert when a credit card / Ready Credit payment has been received
- Receive an alert when a Premium Account expires, Time Deposit is due to mature, or Time Deposit has matured
For more information on Citi Alerts, check out www.citibank.com.sg/citialerts.
3 most popular functions on Citi Mobile
- Checking of account details and account summary
- The search function for Citibank promotions and deals
- Funds transfer
2 most popular mobile devices used to access Citi Mobile
- Apple iPhone