Was invited to the global launch of Canon EOS-1D X (Press Release) that happen at 1 pm sharp yesterday at Canon Singapore Office. The Canon EOS-1D X is an integration between the EOS 1D and 1Ds product lines. This integration combines the best of both worlds from both models (shooting speed and image quality) into a single form factor.
The EOS-1D X is capable of continuous shooting at a speed of 12 frames-per-second, it is powered by the new Dual DIGIC 5+ image processor and on top of it, it has another DIGIC 4 image processor just for Autofocus (AF)! This brings up the number of image processors in the Canon EOS-1D X to 3! It also features a Gigabit LAN Port for network connectivity! This allows you to transfer shots immediately after you have taken them to your computer!
It will be available from March 2012 at an estimated RRP of US$6,800 (S$8,620).
Some of the features include:
- 18.1MP full-frame (35mm) sensor
- Image noise control improved by 2 stops
- Next generation high-density reticular 61-point AF system
- New shutter unit with carbon fibre shutter blades promises 400,000 shutter count
- Advanced EOS Movie features for better compatibility with video production workflows
- Dust-proof and drip-proof magnesium alloy body, with new carrier wave-based dust removal system
There are also 2 new accessories accompanying the EOS-1D X, the WFT-E6 Wireless File Transmitter for wirless network connectivity and GP-E1 GPS Receiver that automacailly adds location information to your photo’s EXIF data.
The WFT-E6 will be available at the same time as EOS-1D X (March 2012) at an estimated RRP of US$600 (S$760) while the GP-E1 will be available from April 1012 at an estimated RRP of US$300 (S$380).
Press Release: Canon Integrates 1D and 1Ds Series to Launch the EOS-1D X