Galaxy Nexus & Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Officially Announced
Google announce Galaxy Nexus & Android 4.0 yesterday in Hong Kong. The Galaxy Nexus is made by Samsung and will be available sometime in November 2011.
Galaxy Nexus Specifications
- Network: HSPA＋ 21Mbps/HSUPA 5.76Mbps 850/900/1900/1700/2100 EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor (OMAP 4460)
- Display: 4.65″ 1280×720 HD Super AMOLED
- OS: Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich
- Main (Rear) Camera: 5 MP AF with LED Flash with zero shutter lag and fast shot2shot
- Sub (Front) Camera: 1.3MP for Video Call
- Connectivity: Bluetooth technology v 3.0, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/ 5GHz), NFC
- Sensor: Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro, Light, Proximity, Barometer
- Memory: 1GB(RAM) ＋ 16GB/ 32GB Internal memory
- Size: 135.5,, x 67.94,, x 8.94mm, 135g
- Battery: Standard battery, Li-on 1,750 mAh
What’s New In Android 4.0
Beauty and simplicity
With Ice Cream Sandwich, our mission was to build a mobile OS that works on both phones and tablets, and to make the power of Android enticing and intuitive. We created a new font that’s optimized for HD displays and eliminated all hardware buttons in favor of adaptable software buttons. We also dramatically improved the keyboard, made notifications more interactive and created resizable widgets.
The desktop-class browser is significantly faster, featuring a refined tab manager and the ability to sync your bookmarks with Google Chrome. Ice Cream Sandwich also features the best mobile Gmail experience to date, with a new design that lets you quickly swipe through your inbox and search messages even when you’re offline. Calendar boasts a clean new look and you can zoom into your schedule with a pinch.
Connect and share
People are at the heart of Ice Cream Sandwich. We rethought how you browse your contacts with the new People app, which combines high-resolution photos and updates from Google+ and other social services. It’s also easier to capture and share your life with family and friends. Galaxy Nexus sports a high-end camera with zero shutter lag, automatic focus, top notch low-light performance and a simple way to capture panoramic pictures. Shoot amazing photos or 1080p video, and then edit and share them directly from your phone.
Galaxy Nexus isn’t just a smartphone—it’s beyond smart. Ice Cream Sandwich gives you complete control over the amount of mobile data you use by helping you better understand and manage it. We’re also introducing Android Beam, which uses near field communication (NFC) to instantly share webpages, YouTube videos, maps, directions and apps by simply tapping two phones together. Face Unlock uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to unlock your phone with nothing more than a smile.
- Official Site: Android 4.0 Highlights
- Official Site: Galaxy Nexus
- Official Blog Post: Unwrapping Ice Cream Sandwich on the Galaxy Nexus
- Press Release: Samsung and Google introduce GALAXY Nexus
- Engadget: Samsung and Google’s Ice Cream Sandwich event liveblog!