I always wanted to get the Bose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones also known as Bose QC15 in short because it is one of the best noise cancelling headphones in the market. It is good specially when you travel a lot! Be it via plane or by bus, the QC15 will be able to cancel out some noises produce from the vehicle’s engines. I also heard from my colleagues that it is a life saver in the plane when you have a crying child on board.
I did not get the Bose QC15 in Singapore because it is way overpriced. The official retail price is S$479.
I got mine from the Apple Store in Georgetown (Washington, D.C.) for US$269.96 and after a 5.75% tax, it adds up to US$285.48 (S$361) which is S$118 cheaper than in Singapore.
I chose the slate/brown color since it is limited edition.
Besides the added noise cancelling functionality, in terms of sound quality, I can’t tell the difference between this and my Bose AE2i Audio Headphones. Maybe for the QC15, the bass is just a little stronger.
The Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Headphones still wins in terms of sound quality at one-third of the Bose QC15’s price.
When it comes to comfort, the Bose QC15 and AE2i beats Audio-Technica ATH-M50 hands down. Between the QC15 and the AEI2, both are as comfortable despite the QC15 being slightly heavier. I have no problem wearing it at work for a few hours straight.
- Advanced noise reduction across a wide range of frequencies; ideal for home, work or travel
- Lifelike sound that reveals even the most subtle nuances of your music
- Comfortable fit with soft, around-ear cushions
- Includes two audio cables, one with mic/remote for iPhone/iPod control and hands-free iPhone calling
- 35 hours of use on average from AAA battery
- 1x QuietComfort 15 Headphones
- 1x 5.5 ft (168cm) QC15 Inline Remote and Microphone Cable
- 1x 5.5 ft (168cm) Audio Cable
- 1x Airline Adapter
- 1x AAA Battery
- 1x Carrying Case