The OtterBox Commuter Wallet For iPhone 5/5s is retailing for S$55 in Singapore. The case adds quite a bit of bulk to your iPhone because it gives your iPhone added protection against drops, bumps and shock. It also includes a slider compartment at the back that house up to 3 credit cards.
On the official website, it states that it can hold up to three cards and one bill, however when I tested it, it is not able to hold even a single note after placing 3 cards in (1x EZ-Link Card, 2x Credit Cards). I guess Singapore currency notes are bigger and thicker because of the materials it is printed on.
The OtterBox Commuter Wallet case is made up of 2 parts, the rubber cover which they called it the “Interior slip cover layer” cushions the iPhone while the exterior plastic shell protects the phone against drops. Because the case adds significant bulk to the iPhone, especially the bottom part, I am not able to use any dock with it. But luckily the 2 parts are pretty independent of each other, and I just have to remove the exterior plastic shell in order to dock my iPhone.
It is iPhone 5s compatible, I have no problem using Touch ID on the home button.
The combined weight of 3 cards in the case together with iPhone 5s is 195g. In contrast, the iPhone 5s weighs 112g by itself.
The EZ-Link card placed in the case has no problem being read by the EZ-Link readers on the bus or the MRT.
If you have a tendency to drop your phone, I think this case is suitable for you and I recommend putting a EZ-Link card, a Credit Card and perhaps a S$50 note (as emergency cash) in the slider compartment.
Personally, I don’t think I will use this case on a day-to-day basis because it is too bulky for my liking and I seldom drop my phone.
- Wallet drawer holds up to three cards and one bill, sliding open for quick access to the contents inside
- Front-facing access drawer and audible click closure give you peace of mind knowing the items inside are safe, secure and for your eyes only
- Streamlined design delivers tough protection from drops, bumps and shocks
- All features and functions work properly through the Commuter Series Wallet for iPhone 5/5s case
- Port covers keep dirt and debris from getting in the ports and jacks
- Interior slip cover layer cushions the iPhone 5/5s from the occasional mishaps, including bumps and drops
- Exterior shell is sleek enough to slide in and out of pockets but is still tough enough to toss this iPhone 5/5s wallet case in your bag or purse
- Self-adhesive screen protector guards against scratches and smudges