Logitech Big Bang Rugged Case for iPad Air will be retailing for S$139 and the Logitech Big Bang Rugged Case for iPad Mini will be retailing for S$119.
The Logitech Big Bang rugged case will protect your iPad from accidental drops, screen impact, bumps, scratches and spills thanks to its Essential Protection System (E.P.S).
The iPad holder and folio cover are reinforced with shock-absorbent material that helps dissipate the shock minimising the impact force and thus protecting iPad from drops and screen impact. The durable materials used helps to keep your iPad safe from accidental bumps and scratches. And the liquid repellent case makes spills easily wipeable.
The case exceeds Military Drop Standard (MIL STD 810 G) which specifies the height of the drop at 1.22m. The Logitech Big Bang has been drop tested up to 1.4m.
What is MIL-STD 810G?
MIL-STD 810G is a US Military test method standard that establishes environmental and engineering testing parameters to validate the durability and worthiness of a product. MIL-STD 810G allows for tailoring of test protocols to the expected condition of use of a product.
- Dimensions (L x W x D): 247.3mm x 180mm x 15.86mm
- Weight: 429g
- Auto-wake/auto-sleep feature. Big Bang wakes iPad when you open the cover and puts it to sleep when you close it.
- Available in one color: Forged Graphite
- Case material: Polyurethane, shock-absorbent material, glass fiber
- iPad holder material: shock-absorbent material, Thermoplastic Polyurethane, Poly Carbonate
The only common use-case I can think of for using the Logitech Big Bang is when parents lend their kids their iPad and their kids tend to drop it or throw it around. In this situation, the Logitech Big Bang will be very useful. In fact, I think all parents that has an iPad should get this to protect it from their kids!