Tool Pen is a smart & versatile multi-tool, like holding a sleek pen. It features a unique Pop-A-Point design for bits replacement.
I backed Tool Pen on Kickstarter on the 9th July 2014 and it was funded successfully on 14th August 2014 after raising US$274,794 out of their initial goal of just US$7,000. That is 40 times the goal.
The estimated delivery date is in October 2014 and I think they did a fantastic job in meeting the timeline. They started shipping on 6th November 2014 and I got it on the 21st November 2014.
I pledged US$45 (S$59) for the Gunmetal Premium reward which consists of the Gunmetal Tool Pen with 13 full-set bits (SL3, SL4, SL4.5, PH1, PH2, H2, H2.5, H3, H4, T10, T15, T20, T25) and an additional US$5 (S$6.50) for 3 robertson/square bits (S1, S2, S3). Shipping is free and hence in total, I paid only US$50 (S$65).
- Material: 6061 aluminum, sand-blasting finish
- Length: 150mm
- Diameter: 17.5mm
- Weight: 93g (with 6 bits inside)
- Color Edition: Snow Silver, Gunmetal, Champagne Gold
- Material: SAE 8660 (Nickel Chromium Molybdenum Alloy Steel)
- Length: 36mm
- Diameter: 9mm
- Weight: 7g
- No. of types: 22 types for Tool Pen supported
- Slotted Bits (Flat): SL3, SL4, SL4.5
- Phillips Bits: PH1, PH2
- Hexagon Bits (Hex): H2, H2.5, H3, H4
- Star Bits: T10, T15, T20, T25
- Imperial Hex Bits: H5/64, H3/32, H1/8, H5/32
- Robertson / Square Bits: S1, S2, S3
- Pozidrive Bits (Pozi): PZ1, PZ2