Xiaomi’s Redmi 2 will be available for the first time in Singapore tomorrow, 17th March 2015 at 12pm for S$169. The price remains the same as the Redmi 1 when it first came to Singapore last February.
Only the white Redmi 2 will be sold in Singapore for now.
Redmi 2 is powered by a quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor with 1GB of RAM and it is using Adreno 306 as its GPU. It comes with 8GB flash memory and expandable to 32GB via MicroSD card.
It has a 4.7″ laminated screen, which removes the gap between the glass and the LCD screen, so images now appear closer to your fingertips. It’s resolution is 1280×720 HD screen and has a PPI count of 312.
One major improvement on the Redmi 2 is the support for dual 4G SIM. Both SIM slots now will support 4G/3G/2G data. This is awesome for travelling!
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 1.2-GHz CPU (64 bit)
- GPU: Adreno 306 GPU
- RAM: 1GB
- Storage: 8GB, expandable via Micro SD (Up to 32GB)
- OS: Android 5.0 Lollipop with MIUI v6
- Cellular: Dual SIM 4G [FDD-LTE: Band 3 (1800 MHz), Band 7 (2600 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz)], 4G [WCDMA: Band 1 (2100 MHz), Band 8 (900 MHz)] and 2G [GSM: 900/1800 MHz]
- Wireless: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Screen: 4.7″ fully laminated IPS multi-touch capacitive screen (1280 x 720) (312 PPI)
- Camera (Back): 8MP BSI f/2.2 for great low-light performance, 28mm wide angle lens
- Camera (Front): 2MP BSI front camera with 720p video recording
- Sensor: Electronic compass, Gravity sensor, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Light sensor, GPS/A-GPS/GPS+GLONASS/BeiDou
- Weight: 133g
- Dimension (mm): 134 x 67.2 x 9.4 (Height x Width x Thickness)
- Battery: 2,200mAh lithium-ion battery
- Colors: White