Dell Vostro 220 Mini Tower Desktop
My mom ordered 4 Dell Vostro 220 Mini Tower Desktop computers for her company last week. This week, 3 units came on Tuesday and 1 unit came on Wednesday. I was there on Wednesday to help her setup the computers. I managed to setup everything for the 3 units that came on Tuesday. So happen when I wanted to setup the unit that came on Wednesday, there was a problem! The first time I switch on the PC, I got a BOSD after reading Dell’s EULA. After rebooting, it will load Windows XP and then hang at the “Pre-installing Factory Settings”. I tried like 10 times, all the same results. Ran the diagnostics CD that came with the PC as told by the Dell telephone support personnel, but I can’t seem to find any problem with the hardware like the HDD or the RAM. So I suspect it must be either the motherboard or the integrated graphics card as those are not tested in the diagnostics.
Dell’s engineer came down today and said there was a problem with the motherboard bios configuration and he changed the whole motherboard and now everything is fine.
Here are the customized specifications of the Dell Vostro 220 Mini Tower Desktop:
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E7400 (2.80GHz, 3MB, 1066MHz FSB)
- 4GB (2X2GB) NECC Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz SD RAM Memory
- 320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
- 16X DVD + / – RW WITH Dual Layer Write Capabilities
- Dell E1910H 18.5″ Widescreen Flat Panel
- Integrated 5.1 Channel (Audio) Capable
- Windows Vista Business SP1 with Windows XP Professional SP3 Pre-installed
- Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business OEM
- Norton Internet Security 2009 OEM with 15 months subscription
- 3 Yrs Next Business Day Onsite Service
Each unit cost S$1,532.24 after adding in 7% GST.