ESET Smart Security 6 was launched on the 15th January 2013. Two new additional features to the Smart Security suite are the ESET Social Media Scanner and Anti-Theft.
ESET Smart Security 6 has received the Windows 8 Certification and will bear the “Windows 8 Compatible” logo.
ESET Social Media Scanner
ESET Social Media Scanner protects social media users from malicious content, including their profile, wall, newsfeed and private messages, even when the user is not logged in. If an infection is found, a notification arrives by email, so that immediate action can be taken. The app also helps the user’s friends stay a safe distance from malicious content, checking their walls for potentially dangerous links.
The Anti-Theft feature helps locate missing notebooks and makes it possible to monitor activity on lost or stolen devices, while the introduction of a dedicated Anti-Phishing module offers complex protection against digital identity theft.
- Anti-Theft – Automatically monitors a missing device and displays its position on a map based on visible Wi-Fi networks in range when it comes online.
- Anti-Phishing Module – Protects the user from attempts to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords or banking and credit card details by fake websites masquerading as trustworthy ones.
- Personal Firewall – Prevents unauthorized users accessing the computer and taking advantage of personal data. The users can go online without worries to shop, bank and use social media.
- Parental Control – Helps keep kids safe on the Internet with categories of sites to block depending on age.
- Idle-State Scanning – Performs in-depth scans when the computer is not used, aiding system performance and detecting potential inactive threats before they can cause any damage.
- ESET Social Media Scanner – it protects the social media user and their friends from malicious content, including profile, the wall, newsfeed and private messages.
- Antivirus and Antispyware – Provides proactive protection against all types of online/offline threats and prevents malware spreading to other users.
- Cloud-powered Scanning – Speeds up scans by whitelisting safe files based on ESET’s file reputation database.
- Scan While Downloading Files – Decreases access time to downloaded files by scanning them already during the download process
- 1 User, 1 Year – S$39
- 1 User, 3 Years – S$78
- 2 Users, 1 Year – S$49
- 2 Users, 3 Years – S$98
- 3 Users, 1 Year – S$59
- 3 Users, 3 Years – S$118
- 5 Users, 1 Year – S$120
- 5 Users, 3 Years – S$240
- 10 Users, 1 Year – S$240
- 10 Users, 3 Years – S$480
Exclusive to my readers, Version-2 will be giving away 3 copies of ESET Smart Security 6 (1-User, 1-Year) worth S$119 to 3 lucky winners. To participate please quote “Lesterchan” under “Special Code” in the registration.
Upon registration you will also get a 60-Day license that stand a chance to win S$50 Gift Vouchers weekly from Fairprice / CapitaMall / Starbucks / Cathay / EpiCentre.
This giveaway will runs from Friday, 12th April 2013 to Friday, 17th May 2013.
The winners will be announced on Friday, 17th May 2013 and contacted via SMS and Email.