Targus Crave II Convertible 3-In-1 Backpack for MacBook Air/Pro 13″ (TSB772AP) is retailing for S$109. As the bag names implies, it allows you to carry it in three different ways, as a backpack, as a messenger bag or as a slipcase bag.
- Protection – A dedicated compartment for both the MacBook Pro & the iPad protects from not only external damage but also from accidental scratches that may be incurred in daily use.
- Quality & Durability: The Convertible is made out of high-quality material that is designed with the user’s comfort in mind, regardless of the way the item is used.
- Functional Design: The product is able to function as a Backpack, Messenger or Slipcase bag. Specialized compartments for the MacBook and the iPad. Depending on the configuration used, straps and handles can be adjusted or stowed away when not needed.
- Comfort & Ergonomics: A mesh back panel and straps are heat-resistant and increase the comfort levels for the user.
- Adaptability: User presented with choices to use accessory differently in different situations.
- Colors: Midnight Blue or Dark Maroon
- Dimensions: 28.90 x 8.25 x 40cm
- Weight: 0.55 kg
- Price: S$109
The bag that I got for the review is the Midnight Blue color.
The outer part of the bag is made up of durable nylon material with DuPont Teflon fabric protector that repels most water and oil spills. The materials used to construct the bag is extremely lightweight and hence the bag itself weighs only 550g.
For the laptop compartment, there is a thin layer of padding to protect your laptop and the interior scratch-resistant lining keeps your laptop free from dust or scratches.
As a Backpack
Using it as a backpack is good if your bag contains heavy items because the load of the bag can be split between both shoulders. Personally I think the padding on the strap can be thicker.
You can adjust the length of the Backpack strap using the buttons. Not as flexible as I would expect it to be.
You can hide the backpack straps if you are not using it as a backpack.
As a Messenger Bag
If a messenger bag is being used as a laptop bag, it is good to have a shoulder pad on the straps to cushion the weight of the bag against your shoulder. But unfortunately, that is lacking here.
As a Slipcase Bag
I personally don’t really like to use this as a slipcase bag because the idea of a bag is to keep your hands free so that you can hold other stuff, but if you are using it as a slipcase bag, it means one of your hands is occupied.
The handles can be hidden as well if you are not using it as a slipcase bag, but personally I wouldn’t mind it being there regardless of which design I chose.
Other Bags In Crave II Series
All bags in the Crave II series come in two colors, Midnight Blue and Dark Maroon.
- Targus Crave II Messenger for MacBook Air 11″ – S$69
- Targus Crave II Backpack for MacBook Pro/Pro with Retina Display 15″ – S$99
- Targus Crave II Slipcase for iPad 9.7″ – S$59
- Targus Crave II Slipcase for MacBook Air 11″ – S$59
- Targus Crave II Slipcase for MacBook Air/Pro/Pro with Retina Display 13″ – S$59
- Targus Crave II Slipcase for MacBook Pro/Pro with Retina Display 15″ – S$59