Spigen SGP GLAS.tR Nano Slim Screen Protector For iPhone 5/5c/5s
Bought the Spigen SGP GLAS.tR Nano Slim Screen Protector for iPhone 5/5c/5s from MobyShop for S$52, including free application of the glass screen protector.
Do not get mixed up with a similar glass screen protector called Spigen SGP GLAS.t Nano Slim Screen Protector for iPhone 5/5c/5s (note the R, GLAS.t vs GLAS.tR). The R stands for rounded because the GLAS.tR glass screen protector have rounded edges for a more precise fit and hence it is slightly more expensive.
This is the first time I tried a glass screen protector and I must say, I love it. Despite it being expensive and costing more than 2-3x the price of a normal screen protector, I don’t think I will go back to those normal plastic screen protectors again!
The feeling of swiping on a glass screen protector is almost the same as that of your phone’s naked screen. Then what is the point of pasting a screen protector you might ask? Well, if you dropped your phone *touches wood*, would you rather your glass screen protector takes the damage or your phone’s screen?
Generally, the glass screen protector will be slightly thicker than the normal plastic screen protector. You will only feel the difference around the home button area. There is some depth to it but it will not affect the Touch ID fingerprint’s detection.
One disadvantage of using a glass screen protector is that it is not recommended to be re-applied because it may loose the adhesive properties and the glass screen protector will not stick to your phone’s screen.
- 1x GLAS.tR NANO SLIM Premium Tempered Glass
- 1x Back Screen Cover Protector
- 1x Squeegee
- 1x Alcohol Swab
- 1x Microfiber Cloth
- Surface hardness : 8~9H : Three times stronger than regular PET film. Even sharp objects such as knives and keys will not scratch the GLAS.tR SLIM.
- Oleophobic Coating : The GLAS.tR NANO SLIM has an oleophobic coating that prevents fingerprints and other contaminants and makes the film easy to clean.
- Anti-Shatter Film : If broken, the GLAS.tR NANO SLIM cracks into small pieces that are held within the film. They are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products.