The SEL30M35 is retailing for S$399 in Singapore but I learned that it is much cheaper in Japan.
In Japan, they are selling the SEL30M35 for only JP¥23,880 (S$267). Because it is much cheaper, it warrants the risk of buying it. Special thanks to my family who bought this for me when they are in Japan for their holidays!
If you buy the Japan version of any Sony products in Japan, it will be much cheaper. The downside to that is the language will be in Japanese and the warranty will be valid in Japan only. This will not be useful if you gotten a camera and the menu language is in Japanese.
There are global version of selected Sony products available in Japan and the warranty is international but the price is almost the same as getting it in Singapore. So I don’t see a point in buying them.
- Lens mount: Sony E-mount
- Format: APS-C
- Focal-length: 30mm
- 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C): 45mm
- Lens construction (groups-elements): 6-7
- Angle of view (APS-C): 50
- Maximum aperture: F3.5
- Minimum aperture: F22
- Number of aperture blade: 7
- Circular aperture: Yes
- Minimum focus distance: 0.095m
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1x
- Filter diameter: 49mm
- Hood type: Cap type
- Dimensions: 62mm x 55.5mm (diameter x length)
- Weight: 138g