The Nexus S is available from all leading mobile phone retailers at the recommended retail price of S$828, without contract and inclusive of GST.
Singapore, 18 March 2011 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a leading mobile phone provider and market leader and award-winning innovator in consumer electronics today introduced the Nexus S, the world’s first handset to feature the latest version of Google’s Android platform. Powered by Android 2.3, the Nexus S gives users a seamless experience in navigating through functions, applications and the web. With over 150,000 applications available at their fingertips through the Android Market, users are spoilt for choice.
Ms Irene Ng, Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Samsung Asia Pte Ltd, said, “Samsung is pleased to deliver the best Android smartphone experience for consumers. The Nexus S is a smartphone that combines superior functionality and a stunning user-experience that will appeal to the increasingly connected Singapore consumers and meet their demand for entertainment and functionality on the go. With its innovative, intuitive user experience and its best-in-class technology, the Nexus S gives consumers the ultimate mobile performance in a single device.”
The Nexus S also features a four-inch SUPER CLEAR LCD screen that delivers a brighter viewing experience for enjoying games, videos and browsing the web. The Contour Display also features a curved design for a more ergonomic feel for greater user comfort. Powered by a 1 GHz Samsung application processor, Nexus S produces rich 3D graphics, faster upload and download times and supports HD-like multimedia content.
Nexus S is equipped with a five-megapixel rear facing camera and camcorder, as well as a VGA front facing camera. In addition, Nexus S features a gyroscope sensor to provide a smooth, fluid gaming experience when the user is tilting the device up or down or panning the phone to the left or right. The phone also comes with 16 GB of internal memory.
The Nexus S also includes popular Android features such as portable Wi-Fi hotspot, true multitasking, access to Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps, Voice Actions, Google Voice and YouTube, and access to over 100,000 apps and widgets on Android Market.
Nexus S specifications
- Network: 3.5G (HSDPA 7.2Mbps, HSUPA 5.76Mbps) / 3G (900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz) / EDGE / GPRS Class 12 / GSM Quad-band (850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz)
- OS: Android 2.3.3 / Gingerbread
- Processor: 1GHz
- Display: 4.0″ 16M colors WVGA (800×480) full touch (C-Type) SUPER CLEAR LCD
- Camera: 5.0 mega-pixel Camera (2560×1920) + VGA front Camera (640×480), Auto Focus, Flash
- Video: HD(720p@30fps) video player (DivX, MEPG4, H.263, H.264, WMV), video recorder (720×480, H.263) up to 30fps
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, AMR-NB, 3.5mm ear jack
- Value-added Features: Voice Dialer, motion sensor, multi-touch zoom, MS Exchange ActiveSync, Google Voice Search, Gmail, Google Earth, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Search, Google Talk and Android Market
- Connectivity: Bluetooth technology v 2.1 + EDR, MicroUSB v2.0 (High-Speed), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (up to 600Mbps), Tethering and portable hotspot
- Memory: 16GB
- Size: 63 x 124.74 x 11.5mm / 140g
- Battery: 1500 mAh
- Talk time: Up to 14 hours (2G) / 6.7 hours (3G)
- Standby time: Up to 712.8 hours (2G) / 427.2 hours (3G)