Google Nexus 4
This is the 4th Google Nexus handset known as Nexus 4 and it is made by LG. The screen is huge now at 4.7″ with resolution of 1280×768 (320ppi), back camera is now 8MP, processor is a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro 1.5GHz (quad-core) and RAM has been bumped to 2GB. It also includes wireless charging using any Qi-compatible charger. Do note that LTE is not supported in the Nexus 4.
Google Nexus 4 will be unlocked and available for purchase without contract. The 8GB variant is going for US$299 (S$365) while the 16GB variant is going for US$349 (S$426).
The first Nexus known as Nexus One was made by HTC back in January 2010.
The second Nexus known as Nexus S was made by Samsung back in December 2010
The third Nexus known as Galaxy Nexus was also made by Samsung back in November 2011.
- Screen: 4.7″ 1280×768 (320ppi)
- Screen Built: WXGA, HD IPS+, Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- OS: Android Jelly Bean (4.2)
- Dimension (HxWxD): 5.27″ (133.9mm) x 2.7″ (68.7mm) x 0.36″ (9.1mm)
- Weight: 0.31 lbs (139g)
- Camera (Back): 8MP BSI sensor, 1080p video
- Camera (Front): 1.3MP, 720p video
- Memory: 8GB or 16G
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon Quad-Core S4 Pro 1.5GHz
- GPU: Adreno 320
- RAM: 2GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient light, Proximity, Gyroscope, Pressure, GPS
- Network: Unlocked GSM/UMTS/HSPA+, GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), 3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz), HSPA+ 42 Mbps
- Wireless: Wireless display on a Miracast compatible HD TV, Dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n), Bluetooth, NFC (Android Beam)
- Power: Wireless charging (use any Qi-compatible charger)
- Battery: 2,100 mAh Li-polymer
Official Site: Nexus 4
Google Nexus 7
The Nexus 7 now comes in 32GB version for US$249 (S$304) as well as 32GB with HSPA+ for US$299 (S$365).
Official Site: Nexus 7
Google Nexus 10
Nexus 10 is a new edition to the Nexus family. It is essentially a 10″ tablet made by Samsung.
Do note that there is no mobile connectivity for the Nexus 10. The 16GB variant is going for US$399 (S$487) while the 32GB variant is going for US$499 (S$609).
- Screen: 10.055″ 2560 x 1600 (300 ppi)
- Screen Built: WQXGA, HD PLS, Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- Dimension (WxHxD): 10.39″ (263.9mm) x 6.99″ (177.6mm) x 0.35″ (8.9mm)
- Weight: 1.33 lbs (603g)
- Camera (Back): 5MP, 1080p video
- Camera (Front): 1.9MP, 720p video
- Memory: 16 GB or 32 GB
- CPU: Samsung Exynos 5 ARM Dual-Core Cortex-A15 1.7GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali-T604
- RAM: 2GB
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Compass, Ambient light, Gyroscope, Pressure, GPS
- Wireless: Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n (MIMO+HT40), Bluetooth, Dual-side NFC (Android Beam)
- Connectivity: Micro USB, Micro HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Battery: 9,000 mAh Lithium polymer
- OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
Official Site: Nexus 10