Apple iMac 27″ (Late 2012)
Been waiting to order the new Apple iMac 27″ (Late 2012) since it was announced back in 23rd October 2012 to replace my 4 years old desktop. Apple Online Store (Singapore) made the new iMacs available for order on the 30th November 2012. I placed my order on the very day using my brother’s name from the Education Store since he is still a student in National University of Singapore (NUS).
I maxed out the specifications for the 27″ iMac except for the 756GB SSD option because it is way too expensive. After max specifications, the iMac itself cost S$4,349 and I bought Apple Care which is an additional S$218. In total, it cost S$4,567.
My iMac was shipped on the 24th December 2012 and I received it on Boxing Day, 26th December 2012.
Seriously, no one does packaging better than Apple. I am amazed with the simple yet attention-to-detail packaging of the iMac. I am impressed with how thin the new iMac is, but that doesn’t really interest me for long because I will be placing it on my desk and I will be looking at it face-to-face rather than from the side (in order to notice how thin is it).
I did not opt for the Apple Wireless Keyboard because I already have one, instead I opted for the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad.
- 27-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2560×1440 resolution
- 3.4GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
- 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM – 4x8GB
- 3TB Fusion Drive (128GB SSD + 3TB HDD)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB GDDR5
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac- Auto-enroll
- FaceTime HD camera
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- 1x Headphone port
- 1x SDXC card slot
- 4x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x Thunderbolt ports
- 1x 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- 51.6 cm (Height) x 65.0 cm (Width) x 20.3 cm (Stand Depth)
- 9.54 kg