Been staying at my place for almost two years now. With regards to my smart home update, I found out that MCO Touch Panel is not very lasting.
Three of my 1-gang MCO Touch Panel (MH-S411) spoiled. Spoiled in a sense, it doesn’t have power to the unit, and hence I can’t switch on or off my lights. Another of my 4-gang MCO Touch Panel (MH-S314), the Z-wave module inside it spoiled, so I can’t pair it.
Luckily, I managed to RMA all my MCO Touch Panel with Automate Asia. Kudos to their good service!
The first official Apple Store opened in Singapore on 27th May 2017 and it is called Apple Orchard Road.
2017 is the year where I upgrade all my Apple devices.
Bought the iPhone X Space Grey (256GB) and upgraded my four years old Apple iPad Air (Silver 16GB) (Wi-Fi + Cellular) to Apple iPad Pro 10.5″ (Space Grey 256GB) (Wi-Fi + Cellular).
Company upgraded my three years old Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13″ (Late 2013) to Apple MacBook Pro 13″ with Touch Bar and Touch ID (Mid 2017).
Bought the Apple Watch Series 3, GPS + Cellular, 42mm, from Yodobashi-Umeda, Osaka. I chose the Space Black Stainless Steel Case with Space Black Milanese Loop. My Apple Watch Series 0 is getting slower after each watchOS update, and the battery can’t even last one full day. So I decided to upgrade it. Apple Watch is much cheaper in Japan after the tax refund and the 5% VISA discount if you pay by VISA credit card at any Yodobashi stores.
I am guessing 2017 will be the year of wireless mesh Wi-Fi system with Eero, Google Wi-Fi, Luma and Orbi already on the bandwagon. We will probably see more mainstream brands like Linksys, D-Link, TP-Link, Netgear, and Asus on board. I am already using Eero (next blog post) for my house.
Eero also has launched its second generation wireless mesh Wi-Fi system.
Google Wi-Fi came to Singapore in 2017 and I changed my parents’ house router to Google Wi-Fi.
I hope to get a Mac desktop computer in 2017, and I can’t wait for iPhone 8 (or whatever you call it).
It looks like Apple did not focus much on desktop computers for 2017. But in 2018, this will change. I am confident that we will see a Mac mini refresh. Also, iMac Pro was launched in Singapore on 19th December 2017.
There are three iPhones in 2017. iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and the unexpected iPhone X which was intended as the flagship iPhone.
I probably want to travel more, especially to Japan, since I have not been to Japan before.
Went to Hokkaido in June 2017 and in December 2017, I went to Osaka, Kyoto, and Tokyo. In fact, I am publishing this blog post in Tokyo!
Also, I went to Seoul, South Korea, back in October 2017.
Looking forward to bridging Apple Homekit with Homey so I can use my iOS devices to control my home. I might even get the Apple Homepod.
I am going to get the Apple AirPower Mat when it comes out next year.
I doubt I will be getting any desktop computer from Apple in 2018 as my Apple iMac 27″ (Late 2012) still works fine.
I will be going to Bali in March 2018 to celebrate my birthday.
Hopefully, at the end of 2018, I can travel to San Francisco (SF), so I can visit the newly open Apple Park. The last time I was in SF was back in 2012.
I would like to wish all my readers, visitors, and supporters a Happy New Year 2018!
Looking Back 2017
120 posts were posted in 2017, accumulating 269 comments and 1,159,135 views.
- 31 - Looking Back 2017
- 29 - Anker PowerPort Qi 10W Wireless Charger
- 27 - KeySmart MagConnect
- 22 - Google Home Mini
- 20 - Sony XB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones
- 18 - Anker Micro USB to USB C Adapter
- 11 - Synology DiskStation DS918+ Review
- 06 - Amazon Launches Amazon Prime In Singapore
- 05 - Amazon No Longer Ships For Free To Singapore
- 04 - Passport – Global Travel Adapter
- 29 - Synology DiskStation DS418play
- 24 - Zero Latency Singapore Review + Giveaway
- 20 - Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- 15 - Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 SSD
- 11 - Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review – Unboxing & Design
- 10 - Synology DDR3 RAM
- 06 - Cafflano Klassic
- 03 - BenQ EW2770QZ 27″ QHD (2560 x 1440) Monitor Review
- 01 - Apple iPhone X Silicone, Leather and Folio Case
- 30 - Nomad Universal Cable
- 28 - Huawei Mate 10 Series Availability in Singapore
- 27 - Onan Korea Lumena N9 Fan
- 25 - Apple TV 4K
- 23 - V-MODA Forza Metallo Wireless Earphones
- 16 - Vornado 630 Medium Air Circulator
- 09 - Homey Review
- 05 - Google Pixel 2 XL Will Be Available in Singapore
- 02 - Homey Review – Unboxing & Setup
- 25 - Linksys EA9300 Max-Stream AC4000 Tri-Band Router Review
- 21 - KeySmart Pro With Tile Smart Location Tracking
- 19 - X-mini KAI X1
- 15 - Singtel iPhone 8/8 Plus/X Price Plans
- 14 - Singapore iPhone Prices Over The Years
- 11 - Google Wifi Review
- 04 - Aztech AIR-706P AC1900 Dual Band Gigabit Mesh Router Review
- 31 - TrackR Pixel Review
- 30 - Google Wifi Now Available in Singapore
- 29 - Singtel Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Price Plans
- 28 - Samsung SmartThings V2 Hub (UK)
- 25 - uHoo Review
- 24 - Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac
- 23 - Fibaro Z-Wave Universal Door & Window Sensor 2 Gen5
- 22 - Sudio Tre Wireless Earphones
- 21 - Timbuk2 Showdown Laptop Backpack
- 18 - Google Home
- 17 - Monocozzi LUCID Plus Folio For iPad Pro 10.5″
- 16 - Just Mobile Mtable
- 15 - Just Mobile Xtand Pro
- 14 - Cable Matters DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable
- 11 - Cable Matters Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter
- 10 - Anker PowerPort 6 5V/12A 6-Port Wall Charger
- 09 - Freecam Mobile Wi-Fi Camera (C330A) Review
- 08 - Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- 07 - Fidget Tri-Spinner
- 04 - Pacsafe Venturesafe 325 GII Anti-Theft Cross Body Pack
- 03 - AmazonBasics USB Type-C to Micro-B 2.0 Cable
- 02 - USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter
- 01 - AmazonBasics USB Type-C to USB Type-C 2.0 Cable
- 31 - Elecom USB-C Memory Card Reader
- 28 - Singtel Smart Car
- 27 - Amazon Prime Now Is Now In Singapore
- 26 - Elecom USB-C to USB-C Power Delivery Cable
- 24 - Leplus USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Adapter
- 21 - Xiaomi ZMI QB820 20,000mAh Power Bank
- 19 - nonda USB-C to USB-A 3.0 Mini Adapter
- 17 - Anker USB-C to 3-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Ethernet Adapter
- 14 - Klipsch Reference X12i
- 12 - Anker PowerLine USB-C to USB-C Cable
- 10 - Plugable USB-C to DisplayPort Cable
- 07 - Satechi Aluminum USB-C Multi-Port Adapter
- 05 - Satechi Aluminum USB-C Micro/SD Card Reader
- 03 - Elecom iPad Pro 10.5″ Clear Back Cover
- 30 - Apple iPad Pro 10.5″ (Space Grey 256GB) (Wi-Fi + Cellular)
- 28 - Apple iPad Pro 10.5″ Smart Cover (Charcoal Grey)
- 26 - Apple 61W USB-C Power Adapter
- 23 - Apple MacBook Pro 13″ with Touch Bar and Touch ID (Mid 2017)
- 21 - Adidas Originals x PORTER 2 Way Waist/Shoulder Bag
- 19 - Adidas Originals x PORTER NMD C1 Shoes
- 16 - Innergie PowerJoy 30C
- 15 - Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
- 14 - Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
- 12 - Glif – A Tripod Mount for Smartphones
- 05 - KeySmart Nano Torch
- 02 - Ambi Climate (2nd Edition) Review
- 31 - KeySmart Nano Pen
- 29 - Apple Orchard Road Opening Swag
- 26 - Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 SE Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
- 22 - Choetech USB-C to HDMI Cable
- 17 - First Apple Store in Singapore will open on 27th May 2017 at 10am
- 10 - Gaston Luga – Praper Backpack
- 03 - Challenger Flagship Store at Bugis Junction
- 31 - iRobot Braava Jet 240
- 29 - KeySmart – Pocket Key Organizers & Key Holders
- 27 - Bose QuietComfort 35 (QC35) Acoustic Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones
- 25 - Happy 33rd Birthday To Me
- 22 - D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD (DSH-C310) Review
- 15 - Fidget Cube – A Vinyl Desk Toy
- 08 - Belkin Valet – Charge Dock for Apple Watch & iPhone
- 01 - Sensibo Sky Review
- 26 - Synology Router RT2600ac Review
- 23 - iOttie Easy One Touch 3 (v2) Car Mount Holder
- 20 - Blink Battery-Powered Wireless Home Security Camera Review
- 18 - Transcend TLC 480GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD
- 16 - Cards Against Humanity
- 13 - Anova Precision Cooker (Bluetooth + Wi-Fi)
- 11 - Kikkerland Bobino Folding Mobile Phone Holder
- 09 - Sudio Regent Wireless Headphones
- 06 - iRobot Roomba 980
- 03 - eero Wi-Fi System Review