Asus ROG Strix RX VEGA56 OC Edition 8GB
Thanks to Melvin for the heads up. I managed to get quite a good deal for the Asus ROG Strix RX VEGA56 OC Edition 8GB (ROG-STRIX-RXVEGA56-O8G-GAMING) on Lazada.
I got it for S$499 which is a massive discount from the usual price of S$1,179. At first, I was wondering whether it is a fake since the discount seems absurd.
Melvin told me that it is not, since he also bought the same thing. Upon further Googling, it seems Asus and AMD are running a promotion on selected graphics cards and hence the price is a steal.
It comes with three years local warranty by Asus and an AMD coupon that allows you to redeem two free games out of three from Ubisoft and Capcom. These three games are: Tom Clancy’s The Division 2,Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5.
- 1x Asus ROG Strix RX VEGA56 OC Edition 8GB
- 1x CD
- 1x Quick Guide
- 1x Warranty Card
- 1x AMD Rewards Card
- 1x Power Cable
- 2x ROG Velcro Hook & Loop
- Graphics Engine: AMD Radeon RX VEGA56
- Core Name:VEGA10 XLH
- Bus Standard: PCI Express 3.0
- Video Memory: 8GB HBM2
- Stream Processors: 3584
- Engine Clock
- GPU Boost Clock : 1573 MHz
- GPU Base Clock : 1297 MHz
- Memory Clock: 800 MHz
- Memory Interface: 2048-bit
- DVI Output : 1x DVI-D
- HDMI Output : 2x HDMI 2.0
- Display Port : 2x DisplayPort 1.4
- HDCP Support : Yes (2.2)
- Resolution: 7680 x 4320 (Maximum)
- Maximum Display Support: 4
- NVlink/Crossfire Support: No
- Recommended PSU: 750W
- Power Connectors: 2x 8-pin
- Software: ASUS GPU Tweak II & Driver
- Dimensions: 29.8 x 13.9 x 5.25 (cm)
I am intending to use this graphics card with my yet-to-be-bought Razer Core X eGPU to power my triple monitor setup for my Apple MacBook Pro 13″ with Touch Bar and Touch ID (Mid 2017).
In the event that I am going to get a desktop to replace my Apple iMac 27″ (Late 2012) whose display is already spoiled, I will get a Mac mini and this setup will still be compatible.