Sony recently opened its largest flagship store in Southeast Asia at 313@Somerset #02-28 to 37 (directly opposite Starbucks). It occupies 9,902 square feet (920sqm) of floor area and its opening hours are from 10am to 10pm daily.
As a Sony member, we are given S$50 to spend at that store and surprisingly when I went there, there is nothing interesting for me to buy. Instead it is my mom who used the voucher and bought the Sony Digital Voice Recorder – ICD-UX543F for S$189 so that she can record meeting minutes.
She chose the Blue because the Black is out of stock. It comes with a 4GB internal memory and you can expand the memory with a MicroSD card. It records stereo audio by default in 192kbps or 128kbps MP3. If you want higher quality, you can record in LPCM. It comes with a built-in USB so that you can charge the recorder and transfer the recorded audio to your computer without the need of any USB cable.
It comes with a built-in microphone (duh!) and supports external microphone though it’s Mic-In Jack.
- Built-In memory: 4GB
- PC Connectivity: Yes
- Recording Format: Linear PCM/MP3
- Playback Format: LPCM/MP3/AAC/WMA
- Messages/Folders: 4074/400 (199 file in each folder)
- Earphone Jack: Yes
- Battery type: Built-In Lithium Battery
- Dimension (W x H x D): Approx 36.6 x 101.5 x 10.5 mm
- Weight (including batteries): Approx 49g
- Mic-In Jack: Yes
- Speaker Power: 150mW
- Speaker Size: 16mm
- Functionality: Scene Select, Voice-Operated Recording (VOR), Noise Cut Function (Clear Voice), Low Cut Filter, Digital Pitch Control, Radio recording (FM), FM Tuner, USB Charge, Microphone Input, Track Mark, Sync Recording
- Quality: Recording time (4GB) / Battery Life
- LPCM (44.1kHz, 16-bit): 6 Hours / 22 Hours
- MP3 (44.1kHz, 128kbps): 44 Hours 40 Minutes / 26 Hours
- MP3 8kbps (Mono): 1,073 Hours / 30 Hours