The Asus RT-AC87U is the world’s first AC2400-class dual-band 802.11ac wireless router with a four-transmit, four-receive (4×4) antenna configuration. It is also the first in the world to employ multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology. It offers 5GHz speeds of 1.7334Gbit/s along with 2.4GHz speeds of 600Mbit/s for a combined total of 2.334Gbit/s. It comes with feature such as Asus AiRadar universal beamforming, adaptive Quality-of-Service (QoS) and AiProtection with exclusive Trend Micro security.
It was announced back in January 2014 at CES 2014 and it will finally be launching in Singapore at COMEX 2014. COMEX 2014 will take place at Level 4 and 6 of Suntec City Singapore from the Thursday, 28th August 2014 till Sunday, 31st August 2014. Opening hours are from 12pm till 9pm and admission is free. After COMEX 2014, you can get the router from all authorised Asus reseller like Challenger.
It will retail for S$399.
- CPU: Broadcom BCM4709A
- Switch: BCM4709A
- RAM: 256MB
- Flash 128MB
- 2.4GHz Radio: Broadcom BCM4360
- 5.0GHz Radio: Quantenna QSR1000
- Concurrent dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- 802.11ac: 5GHz (up to 1.734Gbps)
- 802.11n: 5GHz (up to 600Mbps)
- 802.11n: 2.4GHz (up to 600Mbps with Broadcom TurboQAM)
- 1x 10/100/1000Mbps WAN
- 4x 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet LAN (1 user-configurable as second WAN port)
- 1x USB 3.0
- 1x USB 2.0
- Antennas: 4x external detachable antennas (4×4 MU-MIMO)
- Management: ASUSWRT web-based admin console
- Weight: 747g