Samsung Galaxy Note 4 World Tour 2014 Singapore
Thanks to Samsung for the invite to Samsung Galaxy Note 4 World Tour 2014 Singapore last Wednesday! Got a chance to play around with Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge, Galaxy Gear S and Galaxy Gear VR.
Personally, I feel that both the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge have awesome build quality and the screen is superb. As usual, the only thing I don’t like about them is the amount of bloatware apps inside the phone.
The Galaxy Gear S is huge when worn on my wrist. The first time I looked at the curved screen on the Galaxy Gear S, it makes me feel giddy. After playing around with it for a few minutes, I got used to it. Not too sure if I am a fan of curved screen yet but it is a good breakthrough.
The Galaxy Gear VR is better designed than the Oculus Rift but personally after wearing it, I felt it is heavier than the Oculus Rift. Not a fan of the display inside the Gear VR, it seems very pixelated. Justin Lee agrees with me that the Oculus Rift display seems sharper.
Galaxy Note 4
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 4G+ will be available from Saturday, 11th October 2014 for a RRP of S$1,088 in Charcoal Black and Frost White.
- 4G+ LTE Cat 6 up to 300Mbps
- 4G+ LTE FDD [Band 1 (2100MHz)/Band 2 (1900MHz)/Band 3 (1800MHz)/Band 4 (1700MHz)/Band 5 (850MHz)/Band 7 (2600MHz) Band 8 (900MHz)]
- 4G+ LTE TDD (Band 38/ Band 40)
- 3.5G (HSPA+ up to 42Mbps)
- 3G (850/ 900/ 1900/ 2100MHz)
- EDGE/ GPRS Class 33/ GSM Quad-band (850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900MHz)
- Processor: 2.7GHz Quad Core
- Storage: 32GB Internal memory + microSD slot (up to 128GB)
- RAM: 3GB RAM
- Display: 5.7″ 16M colors (2560×1440) full touch (C-type) Quad HD Super AMOLED screen
- Platform: Android 4.4.4 (Kit Kat)
- Camera (Back): 16MP Rear Camera [8X Digital Zoom, LED Flash, Fast Auto Focus, Smart OIS, Real Time HDR (Rich Tone), Beauty Face, Shot & More (Best Photo, Best Face, Drama Shot, Eraser Shot, Panning Shot), Rear-Cam Selfie, Selective Focus, Panorama Shot, Virtual Tour, Dual Camera, Timer Shot, Download (Sports Shot, Animated Photo, Surround Shot, Sequence Shot, Sound & Shot, Food Shot)]
- Camera (Front): 3.7MP Front Camera (F1.9, Selfie, Wide Selfie)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4+5GHz), VHT80, MIMO (2×2), Download Booster, Wi-Fi Direct, GPS, GLONASS, Kies 3.0, Screen Mirroring, MirrorLink, TV Out (MHL 3.0), Peel Smart Remote, NFC, S Beam, Android Beam, Tethering and Mobile hotspot, Quick Connect
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Proximity, Barometer, Gyroscope, Magnetic, Gesture, Heart Rate, UV, Lights, Fingerprint, Hall, IrLED
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 176g
- Battery: 3,220mAh, Fast Charging
- S Pen Optimised Features and Services: Air Command (Action Memo, Smart Select, Image Clip, Screen Write), Air View, Photo Note, Direct Pen Input, S Note, PEN.UP, EverNote, Scrapbook, Kindle for Samsung, SketchBook for GALAXY
Here are some recommended retail prices of accessories for Galaxy Note 4 4G+:
- Extra Battery Kit – S$68
- S View Cover – S$78
- S View Wallet – S$78
- LED Flip Wallet – S$98
- S Charger Vehicle Dock – S$148
- MHL 3.0 Adapter – S$68
Galaxy Gear S
The Samsung Gear S will be available in Blue Black and White, from Saturday, 11th October as well for S$498. The changeable straps will also be available in Red, Blue and Grey, in Q4 2014 at S$38 each.
- 3.5G (HSPA+ 42Mbps)
- 3G (900/ 2100MHz)
- EDGE/ GSM Quad-band (900/ 1800MHz)
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- Processor: 1.0GHz Dual Core
- Storage: 4GB
- RAM: 512MB RAM
- Display: 2.0″ 16M colors (360×480) full touch (C-type) curved Super AMOLED Screen
- Platform: Tizen
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Sensors: Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Lights, Gyroscope, Magnetic, Heart Rate, UV
- Dimensions: 39.9 x 58.1 x 12.5mm
- Weight: 84g
- Battery: 300mAh
- Features: Enhanced S Health [Pedometer, Exercise (Running, Walking, Cycling, Hiking), Heart Rate, Sleep, UV], Nike+ Running, (IP67) Water and Dust Resistant, Navigator (Turn-by-turn navigation by HERE), Weather, News Briefing ,Gallery, QWERTY Keyboard, Contacts, Messages, Schedule, S Voice, Instant Notifications (Alarm, Exchange, ActiveSync, Evernote, Facebook, Flipboard, Gmail, Google Search, Google+, Hangouts, Incoming Call, Instagram, LINE, Messages, Facebook Messenger, Missed Call, Enhanced S Health, Schedule, Peel Smart Remote, Sound Detectors, Weather, Whatsapp), Clocks (Digital, Dual, Event, Apps, Health, Weather, Shortcut, Style), Find My Device, Ultra Power Saving Mode, Privacy Lock
Galaxy Note Edge
No word on the pricing yet, but it will be released in Q4 2014. Since we are already in Q4, I am guessing it will be in late November 2014/early December 2014.
Galaxy Gear VR
Powered by Oculus Rift, the Gear VR will be release in Q4 2014 as well and no word on the pricing.