The Motorola Moto 360 was announced in March last year (2014) in the US and it is now officially available in Singapore since 23rd February 2015.
The recommended retail price (RRP) for the Moto 360 is S$380 and it is only available in black finish.
In the press release, it states that it is exclusive to Rakuten and MSTATION. I don’t think it is true because you can get it from other mobile phone shops with local (Singapore) warranty such as MobileSquare, Adix82, Kasia Mobile and of course MobyShop.
When compared to the US, the price is just slightly more expensive because currently the US Dollar is high. In the US, you can get the Moto 360 for US$249.99 (S$341) from Amazon and it ships for free to Singapore as part of the Free AmazonGlobal Saver Shipping.
MobyShop is selling the Moto 360 for S$365 and that makes it just S$24 more expensive than Amazon. For that S$24 more, you get local warranty.
I don’t think I will get the Moto 360 because my Nexus 6 is still my secondary phone. But if you are intending to get one, I would suggest to hold on because the newly announced Huawei Watch at Mobile World Congress 2015 (MWC 2015) looks awesome and I believe that the Moto 360 will get an update soon.
- Compatibility: Smartphones running Android 4.3 or higher
- Operating system: Android Wear
- Display: 1.5″ 320 x 290 (205 ppi), Backlit LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Watch case dimensions: 46mm diameter by 11mm high
- Weight Leather band model: 49g
- Battery: 320mAh
- Charging: Wireless charging with charging dock included
- Processor: TI OMAP 3
- RAM: 512MB
- Memory: 4GB internal storage
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- Sensors: Pedometer
- Water resistance: IP67
- Other: Single physical button, Vibration motor, Dual microphones