It does not ship to Singapore directly, so you have to ship it through a freight forwarder like HopShopGo.
I got mine from Amazon and shipped it to HopShopGo. The shipping weight is 2.4kg but HopShopGo charges me as 3kg, perhaps due to volumetric weight. I paid US$31.63 (S$45) for the standard shipping.
In total, each Sonos PLAY:1 costs me US$180.63 (S$258). I bought three, two black and one white.
You don’t have to worry about the different power requirements between US and Singapore because it comes with 100-240V, 50-60 Hz AC universal power adapter. You just need a plug adapter from US 2-pin (Type A/B) to UK 3-pin (Type G).
In Singapore, Sonos products are being distributed by Tat Chuan Acoustic.
For the PLAY:1, it retails for S$399 in Singapore. You might get a 10% discount from Tat Chuan Online Store (S$359 after discount).
If you have issues connecting multiple Sonos to your Sonos network, you might need to get the Sonos: BOOST. That is what happened to me and I have to buy the Sonos: BOOST.
My iOS Sonos controller is unable to connect to my second PLAY:1 even though it is connected via LAN and manages to get an IP from the router.
It got stuck at the last step where it ask you to press and release the play/pause button simultaneously with the volume up button. I tried like 10 times and still could not connect to it despite a charm was heard when you press the buttons. I tried factory resetting the PLAY:1 and power cycling my router, but both didn’t work as well.
Using the Sonos: BOOST, it manages to connect it almost immediately. I don’t think it is suppose to work like that. I am guessing it might be due to a bug in their version 7.0 firmware which was released 2 days ago.
- Audio: 2x Class-D digital amplifiers, 1x tweeter, 1x mid-woofer, adjustable bass and treble controls
- Buttons: Volume and Play/Pause
- LEDs: Indicates Sonos component status and mute status
- Finish: White with light metallic grille or black with graphite grille
- Wi-Fi: 802.11b/g, 2.4 GHz
- Ethernet Port: 1x 10/100 Mbps Ethernet port
- Power: 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz AC universal input
- Mount: 1/4 in. (6.35 mm) / 20-threaded mounting socket
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 161.45 x 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
- Weight: 1.85kg