lesterchan.net Version 3.0
I have brought forward the launch of lesterchan.net a few days in advanced as I may not be free on the 9th June 2008 which is the original intended date of launch.
After more than 4 years of using the same layout, the old layout (version 2.0) has been finally replaced with this newer (version 3.0) layout. I think some of you may find this layout a little dull as compared to the previous layout because of the colors used. I am trying to come out with a variety of color schemes if possible because of the colors are controlled by CSS, the only limitation is choose the color. Do note that I am not a designer but a programmer. Most programmers are poor designers and most designers are poor programmers.
- Upgraded site from WordPress 1.5.1 to WordPress 2.5.1
- Upgraded plugins from WordPress 1.5.1 to WordPress 2.5.1 compatibility
- Renamed /blogs/ to /blog/
- Merge Calendar and Archive Page
- Brand new AJAX driven Archive Page
- Brand new Donation Page
- Brand new AJAX driven Contact Me Page
- Re-coded Search engine
- Re-coded Gallery feature
- Re-coded Alex King‘s Since Last Visit plugin
- Added Plugins Used Page
- Split Programming Page into 3 sub-pages, PHP, Java and Visual Basic
- Posting Comments is now in AJAX
- Movable menu boxes by brother cake‘s Docking Boxes
- Menu is able to switch from left to right and vice versa and your preference will be remembered
- jQuery used extensively
- ThickBox used for Portfolio Images
- Using FamFamFam icons
- Add Playlist Page
- Add sitemap.xml
- Update favico.ico
Feel free to browse through the whole site if you have not been doing so for a very long time as most of the pages has been updated.
All the old URLs should be redirected properly to the new URLs, I have spent quite a lot of effort to ensure that.
You can report bugs in the comments =)