Google has hoped on to the web browser bandwagon. Google Chrome is an open source web browser developed by Google using the WebKit rendering engine.
- An address bar with auto-completion features called “omnibox.”
- A privacy mode.
- Web applications can be launched in their own browser window without an address bar and toolbar.
- Chrome includes an automatically updated phishing and malware blacklist using the Google Safe Browsing API.
- Uses the WebKit Rendering Engine.
- Puts individual tabs and plug-ins into separate processes.
- Integration of Gears.
The beta should be available tomorrow (Singapore time). Wonder how well it will stand against Mozilla Firefox.