Microsoft Office 365 & Microsoft Office 2013 is now available (as of 30th January 2013)! you can get it from your favourite computer stores or online directly from Microsoft Store Singapore Online Store.
Microsoft Microsoft Office 365 (Left), Office 2013 Professional (Right)
If you have bought the previous version of Microsoft office between 19th October 2012 to 30th April 2013, you are entitled to a free upgrade, just go to office.com/offer to redeem your copy of Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2013. The redemption period is between 29th January 2013 and 31st May 2013.
Do note that the pricing of the products at Microsoft Online Store fluctuates according to currency rates. As such, there may be times where the products on Microsoft Online Store are priced slightly different from the authorised retailers. As on now, it seems that the prices in Microsoft Online Store are slightly cheaper.
The price you see below in the table as well as in the press releases are from the authorised retailers.
|Office 365 Home Premium||S$138/year||
||Up to 5 Windows PCs or tablets or Macs|
|Office 365 University||S$108/year||
||For 4 years for up to 2 Windows PCs or tablets or Macs|
|Office Home & Student 2013||S$189||Word, Powerpoint, Excel and OneNote||Up to 5 Windows PCs or tablets or Macs|
|Office Home & Business 2013||S$299||Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneNote and Outlook||Up to 5 Windows PCs or tablets or Macs|
|Office Professional 2013||S$549||Word, Powerpoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Access||Up to 5 Windows PCs or tablets or Macs|
John Fernandes, Chief Marketing & Operations Officer, Microsoft Singapore said: “Microsoft’s new Office is inspired by the modern families and connected individuals juggling multiple devices at home and work. Today, we are making Office available as a cloud service with Office 365 Home Premium to help consumers stay always connected regardless of devices. Together with the new Windows and Windows Phone, Office as a service gives you the freedom to do things when and how you want.”
Simultaneously, Microsoft today released Office 365 University for college students, faculty members and staff as well as updated versions of the traditional Office suites – Office Home and Student 2013, Office Home and Business 2013, and Office Professional 2013 in Singapore.
Office 365 Home Premium & University
In a recent global survey conducted by Microsoft, nearly 60% of people said they don’t have the time to do the things they want to do, and more than 80% were counting on technology to make
things better. The new Office is designed to help people be as productive on the go as they are at their desk and get more time to do the things they want.
The new Office 365 Home Premium usher in new ways to get things done and sharing new ideas via collaboration:
- It works across devices. Office 365 Home Premium works beautifully with touch, pen or keyboard on Windows PCs, Windows tablets, Macs and Windows Phones. And, with Office Web Apps, you can create, read, edit and share your Office docs on any popular device.
- It is in the cloud. Office 365 Home Premium is in the cloud, so when you sign in, your documents – and even your personalized settings – are always available wherever you are.
- It delivers new capabilities. Office 365 Home Premium includes new features to keep you connected and productive. A few include: the People Card aggregates all your contact information from different sources, including your social networks, in a single place; Read Mode optimizes your documents for reading on a tablet; Last Location lets you pick up right where you left off when using Office across multiple devices; PDF Reflow lets you to use information from PDFs in Office docs; Presenter View gives you a command center for presentations; and FlashFill eliminates wasteful time spent on data entry.
About Office 365 Home Premium
Office 365 Home Premium is available in 162 markets in 21 languages and includes the following:
- The most complete set of Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.
- One license for the entire household – use Office on up to five Windows PCs or tablets or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC.
- 27 GB of cloud storage with SkyDrive – 20 GB more than the normal user.
- 60 free Skype world calling minutes per month – so you can call any mobile, landline or PC in the world.
- All future upgrades such that consumers’ copies of Office are always updated with the latest from Microsoft.
Additionally, Microsoft is launching Office 365 University for students, faculty stuff and staff in eligible local tertiary intuitions. At just S$108.00 for a four year subscription – the equivalent of S$2.25 per month – users can enjoy:
- All of the applications, SkyDrive storage, Skype calling and future upgrades included with Office 365 Home Premium.
- One license for the user – use Office on up to two Windows PCs or tablets or Macs, and get Office on Demand from any Internet-connected PC. Microsoft also announced they will upgrade Office 365 multiple times per year, ending the company’s traditional three-year release cycle. Office 365 Home Premium subscribers will get future updates and new capabilities automatically without any additional hassles. For example, subscribers will automatically get the new applications and upgrades when available, such as the forthcoming Office applications for Mac and as-yet unannounced capabilities.
“People’s needs change rapidly, and Office 365 Home Premium will change with them,” added Mr. Fernandes. “Now, it’s a matter of months, not years, before a great new idea makes it from an engineer’s head to a customer’s hands.”
Office suites for single users
For consumers who require single installations on their sole device at home, traditional suites are also available. Users are still able to leverage on the power of cloud with their personalized settings and documents saved within the cloud with just a single sign-in. The new Office also provides support for touch and stylus for new Windows 8 touch-enable devices, in addition to keyboard and mouse, enabling consumers more flexibility and choice.
Transition to Services
Microsoft introduced Office 365 to business customers in June 2011. Today, the company disclosed new details on their progress in the cloud, sharing that 20% of their enterprise customers are using Office 365. In addition, the pace of growth is accelerating with twice as many people signing up in the last quarter compared to a year ago. “Office 365 is the fastest growing business product in Microsoft history, and we’re not slowing down,” said Mr. Fernandes. “In Singapore, we have seen momentous growth since launch, with many companies citing cost reductions and increased productivity within the workforce as key benefits of deploying Office 365 within the enterprise.”
Office 365 for businesses will be updated with new capabilities, currently available as part of a customer preview, on February 27.