The Kickstarter project raised a total of US$151,880 out of their initial goal of US$25,000 from 1,253 backers. They have started shipping the camera in December 2015.
The ViDi Action Camera is now officially available in Singapore retailing for S$179. It is being brought in by TC Acoustic.
ViDi Action Camera’s main selling points are that it is affordable and is ready to use out of the box.
- Lens: Fixed Ultra Wide-angle (140°)
- Function Mode: Video Recording, Photo Taking, Time-lapse, Timed Shutter
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Shutter: Electronic Shutter
- LCD Display Screen: 1.5″ Rear Screen
- Image Resolution: 12MP
- Video Resolution: 1080p (30 fps)
- White Balance: Automatic
- Exposure: Automatic
- File Formats: (Image: jpg), (Video: mov, dsp, mp4)
- Storage Medium: Micro SD card (Up To 64GB)
- USB Interface: USB 2.0
- Power Supply: Built-in 3.7V rechargeable lithium
- Dimension (length x width x height): 67mm x 40mm x 30mm
- Weight: 57g
- Run Time: 90 minutes
As mentioned earlier, one of its main selling points is it is ready to use out of the box and hence the inclusion of many accessories within the package. Things like 4GB Micro SD Card, waterproof case, and a selfie stick (yes, it does include a selfie stick).
- ViDi Camera with LCD Screen
- 4GB Micro SD Card
- Transparent Waterproof Case
- Extension Pole (Selfie Stick)
- USB Cable
I would think that the ViDi Action Camera will make an attractive gift. Given the price, it would give GoPro a run for its money though it doesn’t look as nice as the GoPro. Check out the comparison video below: