Things You May Not Know (1-30)
1. Look at your zipper. See the initials YKK? It stands for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushibibaisha, the worlds largest zipper manufacturer.
2. 40 percent of McDonalds profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
3. 315 entries in Websters 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
4. On the average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.
5. Chocolate kills dogs! True, chocolate affects a dogs heart and nervous system. A few ounces is enough to kill a small sized dog.
6. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as a medicine.
7. Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
8. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
9. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
10. Leonardo da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisas lips.
11. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves. Thats the opposite of the norm.
12. The original name for the butterfly was œflutterby!
13. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you cant sink in quicksand.
14. Mosquito repellents dont repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquitos sensors so they dont know youre there.
15. Dentists recommend that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
16. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigleys gum.
17. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than the entire Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
18. Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot.
19. Adolf Hitlers mother seriously considered having an abortion but was talked out of it by her doctor.
20. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
21. To escape the grip of a crocodiles jaws, prick your fingers into its eyeballs. It will let you go instantly.
22. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
23. The œpound (#) key on your keyboard is called an octothorp.
24. The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
25. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
26. The average persons left hand does 56% of the typing.
27. Dreamt is the only word in the English language that ends in œmt.
28. Its impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
29. In Chinese, the KFC slogan œfinger lickin good comes out as œeat your fingers off.
30. A c0ckroach can live for 10 days without a head.
Things You May Not Know (31-60)
31. We shed 40 pounds of skin a lifetime.
32. Yo-Yos were once used as weapons in the Philippines.
33. Mexico City sinks abut 10 inches a year.
34. Brains are more active sleeping than watching TV.
35. Blue is the favorite color of 80 percent of Americans.
36. When a person shakes their head from side to side, he is saying œyes in Sri Lanka.
37. There are more chickens than people in the world.
38. The thumbnail grows the slowest, and the middle nail grows the fastest.
39. There are more telephones than people in Washington, D.C.
40. The average four year-old child asks over four hundred questions a day.
41. The average person presses the snooze button on their alarm clock three Times each morning.
42. The three wealthiest families in the world have more assets than the Combined wealth of the forty-eight poorest nations.
43. The first owner of the Marlboro cigarette Company died of lung cancer.
44. Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
45. The worlds youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in China in 1910.
46. Our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our noses and ears Never stop growing.
47. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching TV.
48. A person will die from total lack of sleep sooner than from starvation. Death will occur about 10 days without sleep, while starvation takes a Few weeks.
49. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
50. The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.
51. When the moon is directly overhead, you weigh slightly less.
52. Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned His wife or mother because they were both deaf.
53. A psychology student in New York rented out her spare room to a Carpenter in order to nag him constantly and study his reactions. After Weeks of needling, he snapped and beat her repeatedly with an axe Leaving her mentally retarded
54. œI am. is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
55. Colgate faced a big obstacle marketing toothpaste in Spanish speaking Countries because Colgate translates into the command œgo hang Yourself.
56. Like fingerprints, everyones tongue print is different.
57. œBookkeeper is the only word in English language with three consecutive Double letters.
58. Right handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left handed People do.
59. The sentence œthe quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog uses every Letter in the English language.
60. If the population of China walked past you in single line, the line Would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
Things You May Not Know (61-90)
61. China has more English speakers than the United States.
62. Every human spent about half an hour as a single cell.
63. Each square inch of human skin consists of twenty feet of blood vessels.
64. An average person uses the bathroom 6 times per day.
65. Babies are born with 300 bones, but by adulthood we have only 206 in our Bodies.
66. Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average Man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 30 feet long in his Lifetime.
67. According to Genesis 1:20-22, the chicken came before the egg.
68. The longest place name still in use is: Taumatawhakatangihangaoauauotameteaturi- Pukakpikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu – a New Zealand hill.
69. If you leave Tokyo by plane at 7:00am, you will arrive in Honolulu at Approximately 4:30pm the previous day.
70. Scientists in Australias Parkes Observatory thought they had positive Proof of alien life, when they began picking up radio-waves from space. However, after investigation, the radio emissions were traced to a Microwave in the building.
71. Wearing headphones for an hour increases the bacteria in your ear 700 times.
72. More than 40,000 parasites and 250 types of bacteria are exchanged during a French kiss.
73. Men can read smaller print than women, but women can hear better.
74. Coca-Cola was originally green.
75. The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
76. The name of all the continents ends with the same letter that they start with.
77. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
78. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
79. Women blink nearly twice as much as men!!
80. You cant kill yourself by holding your breath.
81. It is impossible to lick your elbow.
82. People say œBless you when you sneeze because when you sneeze, your heart stops for a millisecond.
83. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
84. The œsixth sick sheiks sixth sheeps sick is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.
85. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.
86. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history. Spades – King David, Clubs – Alexander the Great, Hearts – Charlemagne, Diamonds – Julius Caesar.
87. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
88. If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.
89. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.
90. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.
Things You May Not Know (91-108)
91. Question – This is the only food that doesnt spoil. What is this? Ans. – Honey
92. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
93. A snail can sleep for three years.
94. All polar bears are left handed.
95. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
96. Butterflies taste with their feet.
97. Elephants are the only animals that cant jump.
98. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
99. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
100. Shakespeare invented the word ˜assassination and ˜bump.
101. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
102. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
103. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
104. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out to the body to squirt blood 30 feet.
105. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.
106. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
107. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
108. And finally 99% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow.