Launched last month, the UE BOOM is a 360° Bluetooth wireless speaker which is water resistant and even shock proof. It is out in stores retailing for S$299 and available in 4 colors (Blue, Red, Black and White).
My first impression of UE BOOM is the sound is loud and the bass is pretty good, the only downside is that it is a little pricey.
The design inspiration for the UE BOOM comes from a water tumbler.
You can use 2 Logitech UE BOOM to double the volume of the sound or making them into a left and right speaker and thus producing stereo sound using the UE Boom App which is on the App Store and Google Play. The app also let you do some basic configuration to the speaker like setting the language.
There is NFC support for the UE BOOM though it is not listed in the official technical specifications. So basically if you are using an Android or Windows Phone (not tested) that has NFC, you can tap on the UE BOOM to initiate the pairing of Bluetooth and you are ready to stream your music via Bluetooth to the speaker. This is similar to how Nokia use it to pair with the Nokia Play 360 speaker.
- Wireless Capabilities
- Pair up to eight Bluetooth-enabled devices
- Connect up to two devices at the same time
- Wireless range of play up to 50 ft.
- Maximum sound level: 88 dBC
- Frequency range: 90 Hz – 20 kHz
- Drivers: Two 1.5-inch full-range drivers; two 2-inch passive radiators
- Power: Micro USB rechargeable battery, with up to 15 hours of battery life between charges
- Diameter x Height: 6.5 cm x 18 cm
- Weight: 538g
- Colors: Blue, Red, Black and White
- Compatibility For Audio Playback: Smartphones, tablets and other devices that support Bluetooth wireless audio profile [Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)] or 3.5 mm audio output.
- Compatibility For Phone Calls: Phones that support Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile (HFP1.5)
- Warranty: 2-year limited hardware warranty