YouTube Premium and YouTube Music are finally available in Singapore. Lay Hiang has been watching a lot of Taiwan variety shows on YouTube and the advertisements on a 45-minute video are ridiculous.
There is a price difference if you are making an in-app purchase in Google Play Store vs iOS App Store. The later is more expensive as Apple collects a 30% commission.
I still think is not right for Google to pass the costs to us.
|Product / Platform||Google Play Store||iOS App Store|
|YouTube Premium Family Plan||S$17.98||S$22.98|
|YouTube Music Premium||S$9.98||S$12.98|
|YouTube Music Premium Family Plan||S$14.98||S$19.98|
I am getting the YouTube Premium Family Plan, so it can be shared within the family.
YouTube Premium includes membership to YouTube Music Premium and offers an ad-free experience with background play and offline downloads for most videos on YouTube.
YouTube Music Premium
Based on the press release, here are six reasons that make YouTube Music stand out:
- It’s all here! Not just music videos, but official songs, albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music that one can find only on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the music played before and what the listener is doing. So if you are in the gym working out or escaping during your daily commute, the right music is right there on the YouTube Music app.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood, activity, or language. Try “Shout-Out Pop Hits”, “K-Pop Hotlist”, “Sing-Along Rock” to discover new music.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That rap song with flute”? We got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
- The hottest videos. YouTube Music will keep you updated on what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world are right there, on their dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in Singapore, it features Memories by Maroon 5, Make It Right by BTS, 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber.
- Audio/Video switching: Switching between music videos and songs is as simple as the tap of a button. This unique feature will allow YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium subscribers to make a seamless transition between a song and its music video for uninterrupted listening and watching.