SingTel and INQ brings multi-tasking INQ Chat 3G with Facebook and Twitter integration to Singapore
Affordable 3G Social Mobile with QWERTY keypad and Twitter updates directly to the home screen, plus SingTel’s award winning AMPed music service.
SingTel offers phone at S$0 with enhanced data bundled mobile plan
Singapore – 17 December, 2009 – SingTel and INQ Mobile will be bringing in the much anticipated INQ Chat 3G, the first QWERTY mobile from INQ and one of the world’s most unique phones – to Singapore.
The INQ Chat 3G brings updates from Twitter directly to the homescreen and offers push Gmail. It also offers consumers the chance to switch between different applications with one click – thanks to
its ‘Switcher’ key conveniently located on the side of the phone.
This is SingTel’s second exclusive INQ phone and will be available on 19 December 2009 for as low as $0 if customers subscribe to a 3G Flexi Lite-AMPed Plan which costs $39 monthly and now comes power- packed with free data of up to 12 GB with a $30 price cap on data usage. SingTel’s 3G Flexi Lite-AMPed Plan complements the INQ Chat 3G’ functionalities of a phone without a hefty price tag that comes with simple applications for customers to use their mobile phones as social network devices.
To complete the social networking experience, SingTel customers will also enjoy free six months subscription on SingTel’s IM on Mobile service and SingTel’s award winning AMPed music service free with selected mobile plans. AMPed, which won the coveted award “Best Mobile Music Service” at the GSMA’s Asia Mobile Awards 2009, offers an unsurpassed social music experience with the first-of-its-kind mobile music service in Asia that goes beyond offering free unlimited music downloads and daily music news.
INQ CEO, Mr Frank Meehan, said: “We’ve upped the ante with this phone. It’s got the multitasking and ease of use that INQ is known for combined with a qwerty keyboard that’s fantastic for people doing a lot of emailing or messaging.”
Mr Shane Da Silva, SingTel Vice-President Consumer Sales, said: “The social networking trend is unstoppable and this unique phone allows users a one-click access to popular social networks while on the move. This unique product, coupled with SingTel’s innovative services, will address the needs of customers who want to stay in touch and connected with family and friends anytime, anyplace.”
INQ phones are rated as one of the ‘top 10 gadgets for social media junkies’ by Mashable.
The INQ Chat 3G comes complete with an expanded suite of INQ applications and features:
- Facebook, email, and Twitter are ‘always on’ and accessible with one-click from the home screen; a login to any application is required only once.
- Customers can receive instant Facebook and Twitter updates on the home screen.
- A new email client incorporating push Gmail.
- The integrated message inbox includes pokes and updates from Facebook, and direct messages from Twitter.
- A built-in GPS capability allowing customers to easily access Google Maps.
- Seamless media syncing with Macs and PCs. The software, powered by doubleTwist, synchronise music from iTunes and Windows Media Player straight to the phone. Unlike most other synchronise solutions, the media sync doesn’t require customers to give up using their favourite media player on their computer. It also allows users to synchronise videos and photos.
For more information on phone features, click on www.singtel.com/INQ .
I have gotten the review unit in my hands, shall review it after I get back from Hong Kong.