Firefox 8.0 has been released! Looking back Firefox 7.0  was release one and a half months ago on the 28th September 2011!
What’s New In Firefox 8.0?
- Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
- Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
- Added Twitter to the search bar for select locales. Additional locale support will be added in the future
- Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
- Improved performance and memory handling when using
- Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
- Added support for HTML5 context menus
- Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
- Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
- Improved WebSocket support
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Firefox 8 will be the last release of Firefox for 2011. I am guessing by the end of 2012, we will have like Firefox 15 at the rate Mozilla is going. Currently, Firefox 9.0 to Firefox 11 are already in the roadmap . This will be the last blog post featuring Firefox since it has been updating way too often.
Direct Download Links To Firefox 8.0
- Official Blog Post: Mozilla Firefox Adds Twitter Search and New Features that Make Web Browsing Easier 
- Release Notes: Firefox 8.0