I also ordered the Apple USB SuperDrive  for S$98 together with the Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter.
The only reason why I got it is because my brother and Li Xiang are getting their MacBook Air/MacBook Pro with Retina Display soon and I thought I might as well get the drive so that I can share it with them (and also blog about it). My brother would probably need it to install the Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium , and Li Xiang would probably need it to burn her artwork for printing shops or for her clients.
- Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive (DVDA±R DL/DVDA±RW/CD-RW)
- Writes DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL discs at up to 6x speed
- Writes DVD-R and DVD+R discs at up to 8x speed
- Writes DVD-RW discs at up to 6x speed and DVD+RW discs at up to 8x speed
- Reads DVDs at up to 8x speed
- Writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed
- Writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed
- Reads CDs at up to 24x speed
- Powered by USB, no external power source needed
As far as I know, the Apple USB SuperDrive is the same as the Apple MacBook Air SuperDrive in terms of specifications, Apple just changed the name because now the MacBook Pro with Retina Display does not come with a CD-ROM drive.
Apple USB SuperDrive – Box Front
Apple USB SuperDrive – Box Back
Apple USB SuperDrive – The Drive
Apple USB SuperDrive – The Drive Back View
Apple USB SuperDrive – The Drive Side View
Apple USB SuperDrive – Beside The MacBook Air