What is BlackBerry JamHack 2012?
BlackBerry JamHack is scheduled to take place in ten different cities across APAC over two consecutive weekends (5 cities simultaneously each weekend). Winning teams from each city will then have the opportunity to represent their country at the JamHack finals that will take place at BlackBerry Jam Asia on 29th-30th November 2012.
The 40-hour event will provide an opportunity for four-member teams of developers, UI designers, and/or marketers to work on apps for BlackBerry 10. To ensure that each team is properly equipped for the challenge, they will be backed with round the clock support from RIM Developer Relations team.
Throughout the event, the RIM team will be sharing market insights tailored to the respective cities so developers can develop market-relevant as well as globally attractive apps. In addition, the two days will also include community Sharing sessions aptly named as JamBytes. During these sessions, participants will have the chance to learn tips and tricks related to the BlackBerry 10 platform, advice on how to enhance their BlackBerry 10 applications, as well as commercial strategies for marketing apps through BlackBerry App World.
- Date: 12th October 2012 to 14th October 2012 (40 hours of hack time)
- Start Time: 7.30pm (on Friday, 12th October)
- End Time: 12.00pm (on Sunday, 14th October)
- Venue: SmartSpace, 261 Waterloo Street, #02-24 | #03-32, Waterloo Centre, 180261
- Register: blackberryjamhack.com/form/registration_singapore/
- More Details: blackberryjamhack.com/singapore.html
Prizes for the winning team in Singapore:
- A BlackBerry 10 DevAlpha device
- A BlackBerry 7 smartphone for each member
- A BlackBerry Playbook tablet for each member
- Dedicated technical and business consultancy from Research In Motion up to the eve of BlackBerry Jam Asia to help perfect your app and boost sales
- An all-expense-paid trip to BlackBerry Jam Asia 2012 to advance to the “Asia-Pacific Finals”
For more details on the prizes, check out blackberryjamhack.com/prizes.html