Officially launched on the 22nd October 2013, the Sony SmartWatch 2 (Sony SW2) is available in two versions. Sony SmartWatch 2 with black metallic strap is retailing for SGD$338 while the other with black silicone strap is retailing for SGD$288.
Sony also sells straps in black or brown leather and silicon in various colours separately. It uses the standard 24mm strap, so you can use any 24mm watch strap on it.
Sony SmartWatch 2 is available at Sony stores, Tech@Vogue, Challenger, Gadget World, Newstead Technologies, and other authorised resellers.
For this review unit, I have received the black silicone strap version and I will be comparing it with my Pebble Smartwatch.
- Size: 41.6mm x 41.1mm x 9 mm
- Weight: 48.4g (silicon strap), 122.5g (metallic strap)
- Display: Transflective 1.6″ colour touch display LCD (viewable under direct sunlight)
- Resolution: 220 x 176 pixels
- Water Resistant: IP57
- Battery: 5-6 days (low usage), 3-4 days (normal usage)
- Materials: aluminium (body) and silicon wristband or metal stainless steel
- Port: Micro USB
- Connectivity: NFC, Bluetooth 3.0
- Works With: Android 4.0+ Devices