I will be away from the 14th December 2008 to 2nd January 2009 to Taiwan for holidays.
During this period, http://forums.lesterchan.net will be in a read-only mode, meaning you can only search and read topics/replies. Registration of new account, replying to an existing topic and posting a new topic will be DISABLED.
I WILL NOT entertain any support questions that are sent to me via email during this period.
WordPress 2.6.5 has been released. This release fixes a security problem as well as 3 other minor fixes.
he security issue is an XSS exploit discovered by Jeremias Reith that fortunately only affects IP-based virtual servers running on Apache 2.x. If you are interested only in the security fix, copy wp-includes/feed.php and wp-includes/version.php from the 2.6.5 release package.
2.6.5 contains three other small fixes in addition to the XSS fix. The first prevents accidentally saving post meta information to a revision. The second prevents XML-RPC from fetching incorrect post types. The third adds some user ID sanitization during bulk delete requests. For a list of changed files, consult the full changeset between 2.6.3 and 2.6.5.
Note that we are skipping version 2.6.4 and jumping from 2.6.3 to 2.6.5 to avoid confusion with a fake 2.6.4 release that made the rounds. There is not and never will be a version 2.6.4.
5 files have been changed:
You can just download this 5 files and upload it to your server
WordPress 2.7 Beta 3 has been released.
- Numerous style improvements and refinements.
- All admin notices now go under the page title.
- PHP Notice fixes.
- Dashboard widget options now properly save.
- Menu fixes.
- New design for Quick Edit.
- Canonical feed URL fixes.
- Walker fixes.
- An update for Hello Dolly.
- Plugin installer updates.
- Numerous font updates.
- Updated login logo.
- Switch position of “Save Draft” and “Preview” buttons in publish module.
- File upload support for MS Office 2007+ file formats.
- Media upload buttons won’t show if the user doesn’t have the upload capability.
- Canonical redirects only do yes-www or no-www redirection for domains.
- Shift-click checkbox range selection improvement.
- Add New User page now separate.
- Tag suggest only suggests tags (not other taxonomy terms).
- QuickPress shows “Submit for Review” if user cannot publish.
- Private posts/pages, and password-protected posts/pages are rolled into new “Visibility” section of publish module.
I got a feeling beta 3 will be a last beta and an RC1 will hit us next week.
Download: WordPress 2.7 Beta 3
WordPres 2.7 Beta 2 has been released.
Here are the changelog since beta 1:
- The Upload button didn’t always show. Fixed.
- JS on the Dashboard broke for blogs with no comments, causing several UI elements to “freeze”. Fixed.
- Recent Drafts Dashboard module didn’t show correct times. Fixed.
- Various Autosave fixes.
- Redirect after deleting a page from the editor went back to the deleted page. Fixed.
- Fixed loading of translations for default TinyMCE plugins.
- Added avatars to the edit users list.
- Added some missing translations.
- Fixed some validation errors.
- Fixed some PHP warnings and notices.
- Handle inconsistent file permissions during auto upgrade
- Change Publish box layout to better accommodate internationalized text
- Fix quick editing of the last page in the Edit Pages list
- Fix Screen Options for IE
- Fixes for choose tag from tag cloud
- Rewrite rules fixes for certain hosts
- Don’t check for updates on every page load
- Easier post box dropping
- Preview fixes
- RTL fixes
- Fixed broken wp-mail
- Plugin update and install fixes
- First draft of contextual help tab
Download: WordPress 2.7 Beta 2
You can do the automatic upgrade via WP-Admin -> Tools -> Update.
PS: I would always recommend manually upgrade instead of automatic upgrade as it is more prone to errors.
I have created a new plugin called WP-CommentNavi for WordPress 2.7. What it basically does is to have nicer/advanced pagination for your comments in WordPress 2.7. It is basically a copy of my WP-PageNavi plugin replaced with variables from the comments API of WordPress. I whipped out this plugin within an hour through lots of “Finding & Replacing” of texts.
Here is a demo of the plugin in action.
You can download it from here:
Do remember to read the readme.html
I have already applied for this plugin on the WordPress repository. Still waiting for a reply.
*UPDATE* Committed the plugin, SVN is at http://plugins.trac.wordpress.org/browser/wp-commentnavi/